Texas Hunting Forum

help with Moultree feeder problems

Posted By: Sparky45

help with Moultree feeder problems - 11/27/15 02:46 AM

I have a Mountree 30 gallon feeder. It has worked fine for a year but now is messing up right in the middle of the season.
The 6 volt battery usually lasted for a couple of months easy. All of the sudden, it is chewing through batteries about once ever 10 days. It stops feeding and the LCD shows battery to be at 20 percent and it won't turn the motor.
If I put a fresh battery in, it works fine but only for a short time.

Does anyone else have the same problem? It seems like something is putting a drain on it and I can't tell without pulling it in and taking a multi meter to the thing.

any advice would be helpful
Posted By: kmon11

Re: help with Moultree feeder problems - 11/27/15 08:15 AM

Is there something binding the motor shaft, have had that problem before. When you spin the plate manually does it spin easy if not find out why, clear that and most likely will go back to normal.

If that is not it might try another timer. Have also had some batteries that just did not last in the past
Posted By: Western

Re: help with Moultree feeder problems - 11/27/15 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
Is there something binding the motor shaft, have had that problem before. When you spin the plate manually does it spin easy if not find out why, clear that and most likely will go back to normal.

If that is not it might try another timer. Have also had some batteries that just did not last in the past

Only time that has happened to me, took a new $14 motor to stop draining the battery (on a 6v feeder motor)

Re: help with Moultree feeder problems - 11/27/15 01:16 PM

Ok
I'll check the plate for free spinning and replace the battery

I guess I may end up putting a new motor in
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: help with Moultree feeder problems - 11/27/15 01:50 PM

Send the unit back. We have one that messed up and we took it off we had it in a box at the house for 4 years before sending it back and they gave us a new one.

Re: help with Moultree feeder problems - 11/28/15 06:01 PM

I might have to send it back. I guess I gonna have to go hand throw corn while its down
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: help with Moultree feeder problems - 12/15/15 02:34 AM

It is your battery or motor. Have you tried to lubricate the motor shaft, did the motor feel like it is binding, do you use a solar panel. If the battery is a year old that could be the problem.
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: help with Moultree feeder problems - 12/16/15 04:58 AM

Take it back to the place you bought it, tell them you lost your receipt, and beg them for a store credit towards the purchase of a decent feeder.

Moultrie is a peddler of junk.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum