Texas Hunting Forum

Stand and Fill Question

Posted By: 338ultra

Stand and Fill Question - 10/26/15 03:23 AM

So we are about to replace all of our feeders with some sort of stand and fill. My landowner just bought a Capsule Stand and Fill Feeder and thinks it's the greatest thing ever. I'm not sold on them. I have run several of All Seasons products and they have always performed well. Anyone with a longer history with any of these two products? What's the good the bad and the ugly of each?
Posted By: DUKFVR

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 10/26/15 06:08 PM

I have both. Both have been great & no problems. The capsule is lighter & easier to move around if you can't get a truck or trailer in where you want it.
Posted By: bighogg

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 10/26/15 06:33 PM

www.cannonfeeder.com is the newest stand and fill feeder and is the first true directional feeder!!
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 10/26/15 06:55 PM

I have the All Seasons 500lb stand and fill PF. Great feeder.
Posted By: ThreePeppers

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 10/27/15 03:31 PM

I have the 600# All Seasons and love it. My boss has two of the 1000# Capsules and while they're easy to move around they don't seem to sling much corn out. One is better than the other but neither throws as far as the AS, which on it's own doesn't throw as far as a traditional broadcast feeder.
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 10/27/15 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: bighogg
www.cannonfeeder.com is the newest stand and fill feeder and is the first true directional feeder!!

that looks like it could get complicated and expensive if you had a malfunction lol
Posted By: 338ultra

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 10/28/15 01:30 AM

Cannon feeder is not practical inside. Deer pen unless I want to double the size of them and shoot them from one corner to the next. Looks like I will be going with the All Seasons.
Posted By: mseanw

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 10/28/15 03:04 AM

I just got an HB stand and fill. Best feeder I have had..
Posted By: Loanman

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 12/29/15 12:44 PM

Changed all feeders to all Seasons stand and fills, this year...gonna buy more for next year.
Posted By: bigdavehunting

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 12/29/15 02:17 PM

oh k guys why go to the expense unless your wanting the larger feeder. Why not just cut your legs down on your feeders and stake it down? You will save a years worth of corn in my view not spending the 550. for a new feeder.
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 12/29/15 03:06 PM

thats a great idea ONLY if you have the welding equipment to weld panels to the legs to keep varmits away..Most all stand and fill have large varmit guards welded to the legs to keep the Coons out...I love the design of the All Seasons..I watched a Coon try for 1 hr to reach the motor box and gave up...
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 12/29/15 03:12 PM

I went to the Stand and Fill type because my old feeder gear was just on the edge of being worn out. Now I can drive the Kubota beside it, climb up in the bed (which used to be easier) and pour the bags of corn into the feeder. And I like the built-in solar charger and the feeder plate that closes off, so the squirrels and coons can't steal the corn.

I do fear that a deflected bullet might damage the gear, or that I might shoot a feeder leg in the dim light. I haven't yet.
Posted By: bigdavehunting

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 12/29/15 03:40 PM

I have varmint cages on all the bottoms of my feeders. The cost for those is 20 bucks. and for a 160 you can buy the all seasons unit and and varmint spin plate screw your solar panel to the unit total approx 200 and leaves you 300 for corn. per feeder. Just my thinking.
Posted By: The Duke

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 12/31/15 02:29 AM

NOTHING better than an HB Feeder. I have lots of them all are 1,000 pound feeder.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 01/02/16 01:47 AM

So the HB feeders just drop the corn down or is there a broadcast spinner that I can't see on the website?
Posted By: HCRman

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 01/03/16 12:03 AM

We are getting ready to build a Stand and Fill feeder. What is the ideal height you look for in one?
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 01/03/16 04:05 AM

Top at 6'
Posted By: RS Thomas

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 01/06/16 10:06 PM

Alamo Wildlife Feeders. The one in the picture is the 1,000 lb. version. Several members on the forum have bought the 450 lb. version and are happy with them. If you have any questions I would be more than glad to answer them for you. You can also look at the Classified section under Alamo feeders for more pictures.

Rodger
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 01/06/16 10:09 PM

Stand and fill huh... meh
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 01/06/16 10:35 PM

Hey Roger, smile, it ain't that bad.

Nice feeder too !!! I'll check Alamo, I'm in the market for one.

Going to see what's at the Safari Club show Saturday, mostly over priced stuff but its fun lookin.
Posted By: JustWingem

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 01/07/16 12:27 AM

Look for these.

Posted By: passthru

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 01/07/16 02:23 AM

I like my AS 600 lb feeder. Altough I stand on the back of the cart if I wish to see into it.
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 01/08/16 02:19 AM

I have two capsules and they have worked continuously for 6 years.
Great feeders.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 01/10/16 03:43 PM

I bought one of these this year and couldn't be more pleased with it. I looked at the HB feeders but this one was over $150 cheaper and came with the timer, battery, solar panel and eliminator spinner plate.

Posted By: Bigbuck940

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 02/25/16 04:27 PM

Lamco makes a very good stand and fill that you don't have to stand on your head to get to the control box to change or check settings. It also will sling corn about 60ft in every direction, sits on skids and has a wide stance. I have two out on my lease and love them. Very well built
Posted By: mooney_ag

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 05/26/16 06:44 AM

Have heard bucees in Wharton has best price on the AS 600# stand and fill. Can anyone verify price and availability down there?

Also experience wise how much corn ends up underneath it? Anybody use there bolt on corn shield similar to the hb design? AS looks a little flimsy on the website.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 05/26/16 03:10 PM

I can not comment on the price question, but I do use the corn shield. I didn't bolt it to the bottom legs, just laid it across and it stays unless I move it. It is essential as a lot of the corn will end up under ther feeder useless for deer. My AS 600# feeder is not flimsy at all, very rugged and should last a long time out in the wild. Been very happy with it, just picked it up for a new feed pen this spring and been thrilled with it.
Posted By: DUKFVR

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 05/26/16 06:04 PM

I have the all season S&F. The deer get the corn under it too. No need for the shield IMO.
Posted By: jktcummins

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 06/11/16 04:59 AM

Might be worth checking out West Texas Game Feeders. They have one they call the ground hugger. Not much can do damage to them. And they come with a good warranty.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Stand and Fill Question - 06/11/16 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: bigdavehunting
oh k guys why go to the expense unless your wanting the larger feeder. Why not just cut your legs down on your feeders and stake it down? You will save a years worth of corn in my view not spending the 550. for a new feeder.

Yes sir that is what I did.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum