Texas Hunting Forum

best 2-3 person semi-mobile low tower?

Posted By: Rob Lay

best 2-3 person semi-mobile low tower? - 10/02/15 01:35 PM

Next year I will be putting in permanent tall towers, this year I just need a low tower I can do myself and then in future move around. More elevation the better, but not expecting much. Anything out there I could do myself with truck? Preassembled preferred. Quality over cost. Thanks!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: best 2-3 person semi-mobile low tower? - 10/02/15 02:42 PM

Buy a trailer mounted blind.
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: best 2-3 person semi-mobile low tower? - 10/02/15 04:46 PM

Guy that used to be on the lease with us bought a fiberglass stand from Westex that had a base with a 2x4 porch. The legs were only about a foot, maybe 18 inches tall. He hunted out of that for a year or two, and then went back and got their 10 foot tower that attached right to the existing base. Two of us were able to set it up when it was low, it took a little more help to get the tower tilted up.
Posted By: Cast

Re: best 2-3 person semi-mobile low tower? - 10/02/15 04:57 PM

It's very comfy and highly portable, but it would be the dickens to raise. They will make you a taller one though.

Re: best 2-3 person semi-mobile low tower? - 10/02/15 07:43 PM

not sure why I forgot about trailer blinds, that might be perfect. I buy all my blinds from Texas Wildlife Supply and they have the trailer blinds too!

Posted By: Cast

Re: best 2-3 person semi-mobile low tower? - 10/02/15 08:16 PM

Yep, all you need for next year is an Evil Knievel ramp!
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: best 2-3 person semi-mobile low tower? - 10/04/15 10:51 PM

Trailer blinds are good for ease of moving and also give you a 4-5 foot elevation. Sure beats dragging an elevated blind by my truck and bending the square metal leg like I did this weekend bang
Posted By: my2071111

Re: best 2-3 person semi-mobile low tower? - 10/05/15 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
Next year I will be putting in permanent tall towers, this year I just need a low tower I can do myself and then in future move around. More elevation the better, but not expecting much. Anything out there I could do myself with truck? Preassembled preferred. Quality over cost. Thanks!

Can do different sizes and configurations. These pic's are all 5'. Will put you at roughly 8' eye level. Light weight yet stout. Stable in high winds.

Re: best 2-3 person semi-mobile low tower? - 10/06/15 04:57 PM

very nice, yesterday I ordered a Wildlife Supply 5x7 bow rifle trailer.
Posted By: my2071111

Re: best 2-3 person semi-mobile low tower? - 10/09/15 01:13 AM

very nice, yesterday I ordered a Wildlife Supply 5x7 bow rifle trailer.

up

Re: best 2-3 person semi-mobile low tower? - 10/30/15 12:56 PM

I got my new Texas Wildlife Supply bow/rifle trailer blind setup on my land. Loving it, they aren't cheap, but very high quality with carpet, visor, and gun rest options. It pulled great on the highway, went 80-85.

Posted By: Chris Burton

Re: best 2-3 person semi-mobile low tower? - 11/11/15 09:47 AM

I got my new Texas Wildlife Supply bow/rifle trailer blind setup on my land. Loving it, they aren't cheap, but very high quality with carpet, visor, and gun rest options. It pulled great on the highway, went 80-85.

How much do they cost?
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: best 2-3 person semi-mobile low tower? - 11/15/15 07:12 PM

I built mine,and IMO,it's nicer than the Ranch King trailer blind that sells for over $7k. It cost me 1/3 of the price to build one from scratch.It is 6'x7' and 6'6" tall inside.

It is insulated,water tight,and very cozy to hunt out of. I live in it for 3-4 days at a time when I go hunting,and have a twin mattress inside that I just lean against the wall under the shooting shelf. I have installed two marine batteries and solar panels to supply power to an inverter for electric power,and I'm going to plumb in a gas line for my Buddy heater so I can use a big propane tank instead of using the little bottles.
I did buy a wider axle for the trailer,this blind is pretty top heavy,and I wanted the tires to set outside the blind for towing behind my truck.I just bought another set of fenders and bolted them onto the outside of the original fenders.This is the best money that I've ever spent for hunting gear!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum