Texas Hunting Forum

Varmint cage clamps?

Posted By: BlakeJ

Varmint cage clamps? - 07/28/15 06:33 AM

Anyone know the name of these things and where I can order them? Thanks!
Posted By: spg

Re: Varmint cage clamps? - 07/28/15 09:29 PM

Cable clamps used for securing coaxial cable / communications wire, can be found any electrical supply or major hardware store lowes, home depot, etc.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Varmint cage clamps? - 07/28/15 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: spg
Cable clamps used for securing coaxial cable / communications wire, can be found any electrical supply or major hardware store lowes, home depot, etc.

This ^
Posted By: StephensCnty308

Re: Varmint cage clamps? - 07/29/15 02:16 AM

Seems a lot of us need these lol

Coons broke one of mine
Posted By: bigbroke12

Re: Varmint cage clamps? - 07/29/15 12:06 PM

the square type cages are fine using as many of these clamps as you can...but if you can find the round cages they are virtually coon proof...same circumference as barrel, still uses these clamps but coons cannot get the grubby paws inside to spin. picked up some from Lyssy and Eckel in Llano

Posted By: conchovalleyhunter

Re: Varmint cage clamps? - 08/03/15 11:58 PM

That's a nice lookin set up there Bigbroke

Re: Varmint cage clamps? - 08/06/15 01:29 PM

Gracias sir! dont know bout you but took me several days to recover from gettin that blind set up!!!

Any luck on the groundhugger?
Posted By: conchovalleyhunter

Re: Varmint cage clamps? - 08/07/15 01:03 AM

definitely a tough recovery! Not sure if it was the work or the time spent at the feedlot. I'm just going to pick up a ground hugger at West Texas GF. Nobody wants to part with theirs. Not surprised about that. Feeders are too good to get rid of. It was worth a shot though.

Re: Varmint cage clamps? - 08/07/15 02:29 AM

Ahhh the feedlot!
Good feeders indeed
Posted By: GLC

Re: Varmint cage clamps? - 08/21/15 12:26 PM

Go to a hardware store an pick up a roll of pre-punched galvanized plumbing strap. You can cut it off in 2" strips, fold it in half and secure your cage to the drum. Fellas you do not need the pre formed clips, its a deer feeder.
Plumbing Strap
Posted By: bholt

Re: Varmint cage clamps? - 08/21/15 02:26 PM

GLC is dead on. Plumbers tape/strap is almost as handy as duct tape, cheap and is handy to have around. I used it on my cages for years.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum