Texas Hunting Forum

moultrie feeder legs question

Posted By: rickym

moultrie feeder legs question - 06/14/15 05:28 PM

So im a little new to using feeders and have a question. Does anyone have any experience with the square legs that come with some of their feeders. And do you know if they will adapt to the round leg kits sold at academy? Any input is appreciated
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: moultrie feeder legs question - 06/14/15 06:20 PM

I usually buy their leg brackets and then add 1.5" pipe for the legs.
Posted By: rickym

Re: moultrie feeder legs question - 06/14/15 10:07 PM

Thanks for the input. Any particular length recommended? Want to get the bottom about 4 1/2-5 off the ground
Posted By: rattler03

Re: moultrie feeder legs question - 06/26/15 02:57 AM

I'd think about getting your feeder further off the ground. I like mine at least 6.5' off the ground. It keeps critters from messing with your feeder kit and throws the corn over a greater area. Even if you have a varmint cage animals will mess with your spinner. If you have hogs, having a feeder that throws corn over a wider area will prevent the hogs from creating a pit directly under your feeder that turns into a puddle every time it rains.

I use a moultrie feeder with the factory leg adapter wrap around the barrel thing, but I substitute in some longer, one piece metal, pipes for the legs. I think mine are 8 to 10' long depending on the specific setup.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: moultrie feeder legs question - 06/28/15 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: rickym
Thanks for the input. Any particular length recommended? Want to get the bottom about 4 1/2-5 off the ground

I just use the full length of the pipe which is 10 ft. You can have them cut down if you need. I wouldn't go too short unless they are in a pen. Also use T posts to anchor the legs to if you have cattle and hogs.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum