Texas Hunting Forum

Feeder Brands???

Posted By: FoxTrot

Feeder Brands??? - 04/01/15 03:14 PM

West Texas, All Seasons or HCR? I want a 12v with solar panel and the Eliminator spinner and who has the cheapest. Not interested in other brands. Go...
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Feeder Brands??? - 04/01/15 04:37 PM

I have all my feeders with All Seasons 12v with The Timer and with eliminator plates.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Feeder Brands??? - 04/01/15 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
I have all my feeders with All Seasons 12v with The Timer and with eliminator plates.

X2

Mumme's seems to have the best price around for All Seasons feeders and parts.
You can get the All Seasons evolution control unit for $129. This unit is equipped with a 12v motor, The Timer and eliminator spinner plate.
You can also get the All Seasons 12v solar panel w/bracket for $35
So $164 plus tax and shipping up

https://shop.mummesinc.com/products/all-seasons-evolution-control-unit-172.html
Posted By: JCB

Re: Feeder Brands??? - 04/01/15 05:28 PM

U can't go wrong with any of those 3. I use HCR mostly though.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Feeder Brands??? - 04/02/15 05:54 PM

All Seasons. up
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Feeder Brands??? - 04/02/15 06:47 PM

All three of those are good.

I did alot of research before choosing a source vendor for timers and control units for the feeders I build. What I found is that the 12V Galvanized All Seasons units with "The Timer" are just plain solid. Add the "Eliminator" spin plate and a box-mount solar panel with no exposed wires and you've got a solid, dependable system which will need very little maintenance year after year.

http://www.weaverbilt.com/
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Feeder Brands??? - 04/02/15 08:36 PM

Honestly, I cant find much of a price for the HCR's but I havent looked too much.

I can buy the West Texas at the feed store here in town for $194.80 OTD or I can order the All Seasons for $199 shipped to my door. Not much of a difference in price for it to matter. I dont think I will go wrong with either. I will probably go with the West Texas simply for the fact that I can return the unit to the store and get a new one right there on the spot instead of sending it in for repairs if there is ever an issue. I know all three companies stand behind their product and I wouldnt have any issues if there ever was a problem.
Posted By: j-thames

Re: Feeder Brands??? - 04/09/15 05:46 PM

Cant go wrong with any of the ones mentioned above. I have always used magnums but switched to All Seasons for my last 2 builds.
Posted By: RifleDude

Re: Feeder Brands??? - 04/09/15 06:11 PM

Any feeder equipped with "The Timer" should work well for you, as long as the balance of the feeder is made of halfway decent materials. Outside of the timer and motor, the rest is just sheet metal and angle steel. I've not had good luck with most electronic stuff meant to remain in an outdoor environment for very long, whether feeder timers or game cams. "The Timer" has held up better than any other timer type/brand I've used.
Posted By: jgc

Re: Feeder Brands??? - 05/04/15 04:39 PM

Buckee's generally has a good price on All-Seasons control units (to the extend that they are sometimes hard to find elsewhere). I have really enjoyed "the timer". I recently purchased a Krivoman feeder (he is north of Austin). Good price on the feeder - plus you can buy it w/o the control unit. He also has his own directional thrower that works pretty good - mine came with an HCR timer. HCR is probably a great product, but I like "the timer" much better.

I have Krivoman and an All Season "stand and fill". I like transporting the All season better, but the Krivoman thows further. I am working on a corn blower - if that works out, will probably switch away from hung and ground feeders to legged ones (abet 1500lbs capacity ones, with lids on lifting poles).
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Feeder Brands??? - 05/05/15 08:34 PM

Look up Avantage Outdoors. All their stuff is made really well and they'll give you a 10% discount from the website prices. I just purchased two 85 gallon 14' leg ladder feeders with one having "The Timer" set-up for corn broadcast. These feeders will hold 500 pounds with their funnels installed.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Feeder Brands??? - 05/05/15 11:29 PM

I'm with Pope & Young and STX
Can't go wrong..
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Feeder Brands??? - 05/05/15 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB

I'm with Pope & Young and STX
Can't go wrong..

bang He speaks from experience grin after the fact but it he is now experienced rofl
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Posted By: TUFBOY

Re: Feeder Brands??? - 05/06/15 01:00 PM

The only problem I have had with All Seasons 12v is one out of the two I have the motor on one stopped working with in 6 months. I contacted them in regards to this matter and never heard from them.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Feeder Brands??? - 05/06/15 01:31 PM

Amazon as of this morning, solar panel, 12 v motor and The Timer for $105. Ships from West Texas.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum