Texas Hunting Forum

Spin Tech Feeder

Posted By: buck_hunter

Spin Tech Feeder - 03/12/15 02:24 AM

Was wondering if anyone has used the Spin Tech feeder with the drop down plate? If so what are some reviews on it? Think about buying one.
Posted By: MEXICOHUNTER70

Re: Spin Tech Feeder - 03/12/15 02:38 AM

I bought 4 of them about 5 years ago and 4 of them still work great and one of them has caused me trouble all year long with not dropping down when it spins. But all in all I like them pretty good !
Posted By: BaffinBoy

Re: Spin Tech Feeder - 03/12/15 02:51 AM

I've gone through two. Both times the spintech mechanism quit coming down and locking back up tight at about 18 months. So the varmints ended up cleaning feeder out. When this happens u can replace the mechanism . I would not buy them again. Much happier with my Texas Hunter Product 12 volt feeder. Three years, zero issues.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Spin Tech Feeder - 03/12/15 12:02 PM

I have one 6volt that I used last year, no problems except it froze up in the ice storm. Really saves the corn from wind/varmints. Lets see about long term reliability.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Spin Tech Feeder - 03/12/15 01:42 PM

I spoke with a feeder dealer and he sales both the Spin Tech and All Seasons control units. He told me that the he has known of the Spin Tech spinner to seizing up. If that happens one of two things is going to happen. Either the feeder isn't going to spin with it being stuck in the up position or stuck down in the open position. If the spinner gets stuck in the down position the feeder is going to empty all its corn at once.

If it were me I would buy the All Seasons Evolution control unit. It comes equipped with the Eliminator scatter plate.
I have one on my stand and fill feeder and couldn't be happier up

https://www.allseasonsfeeders.com/ProductDisplay.aspx/1511_Evolution_Control_Unit

Re: Spin Tech Feeder - 03/12/15 10:54 PM

Oh yeah and what Jimbo said, mine also won't work in real cold snowy/icy weather

Re: Spin Tech Feeder - 03/12/15 10:54 PM

Oh yeah and what Jimbo said, mine also won't work in real cold snowy/icy weather
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Spin Tech Feeder - 03/13/15 01:22 AM

I have several of the Primos Vault's that use the same plate. I just spray them with lithium grease twice a year and have had zero issues.

Re: Spin Tech Feeder - 03/13/15 03:37 PM

I lubricated the two i had every other trip as well and they still eventually went bad. They are great when they do work with saving corn, longevity just not there. I'm lazy so I'm really not into feeder maintenence if it can be avoided. If you are the type that would be happy to replace the spring mechanism every now and then go for it, it is good for not wasting corn just will not go forever like a Texas Hunter Product or All Seasons.
Posted By: buck_hunter

Re: Spin Tech Feeder - 03/13/15 09:42 PM

Thanks for the feedback... I sure don't want a feeder that may not work most of the time. With my lease being 4.5hrs away in Ozona, I need to get a feeder that is pretty reliable. Currently I am using the Moultrie Pro-Magnum 6volt and it has worked without issue going on for 2 yrs. I wanted to upgrade to 12volt feeder. Have not had any real issues with coons, so I don't really need the drop down. I will be looking into the Texas Hunter or All Seasons..
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Spin Tech Feeder - 05/10/15 11:42 PM

http://www.thecornbank.com
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Spin Tech Feeder - 05/11/15 02:18 AM

I have run 4 of them the last five years and i have had zero issues. I mount a solar panel directly to the box and never had one seize up. Possibly because of constant high power not sure just speculation.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Spin Tech Feeder - 05/11/15 05:34 PM

I have the drop down plate on my road feeder mounted on my lifted golf cart. It works great.
Posted By: Dropp-243

Re: Spin Tech Feeder - 05/13/15 02:44 AM

Natchez has the Primos Vault for 19.99.I ordered one for an extra feeder.I bought one of the Spin Techs 2 months ago.Havent been back to check on it
Posted By: whitetailfanatic

Re: Spin Tech Feeder - 05/14/15 05:15 PM

Buy Spintech with confidence, I have owned them and their are a lot of copies but the original is still the BEST!!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Spin Tech Feeder - 05/14/15 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Pope&Young
I spoke with a feeder dealer and he sales both the Spin Tech and All Seasons control units. He told me that the he has known of the Spin Tech spinner to seizing up. If that happens one of two things is going to happen. Either the feeder isn't going to spin with it being stuck in the up position or stuck down in the open position. If the spinner gets stuck in the down position the feeder is going to empty all its corn at once.

If it were me I would buy the All Seasons Evolution control unit. It comes equipped with the Eliminator scatter plate.
I have one on my stand and fill feeder and couldn't be happier up

https://www.allseasonsfeeders.com/ProductDisplay.aspx/1511_Evolution_Control_Unit

I have the All Season 12v with Eliminator Spinner plate on all of my corn feeders and road feeder.
They have been great so far (3 yrs).
Posted By: Big_Ag

Re: Spin Tech Feeder - 05/16/15 02:17 AM

I have a couple of Spin Techs. The only potential issue is the wiring for solar panel can be ripped down by coons. I have mine on large square All Seaons feeders. The solar panel wire comes in a flexible conduit that I have screwed into the feeder twice as many times as what the kit came with so the coons and squirrels can't turn them into their jungle gym. They throw corn far and hard, when you hit the test button, turn your head and run or you might get your eye put out!
Posted By: Dropp-243

Re: Spin Tech Feeder - 05/16/15 07:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Big_Ag
I have a couple of Spin Techs. The only potential issue is the wiring for solar panel can be ripped down by coons. I have mine on large square All Seaons feeders. The solar panel wire comes in a flexible conduit that I have screwed into the feeder twice as many times as what the kit came with so the coons and squirrels can't turn them into their jungle gym. They throw corn far and hard, when you hit the test button, turn your head and run or you might get your eye put out!
They do throw the corn all right. My concern is the corn is to spread out. Is that a problem
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum