Texas Hunting Forum

Stand build for the lease

Posted By: Kevin_M

Stand build for the lease - 02/23/15 12:43 AM

Building a new stand for the lease and figured I would post some pics. I plan on keeping a timeline for this project so I will probably post as it progresses. The stand will be elevated 6' off the ground. The floor dimensions are 5'x8' with a lean-to roof that is 7'0 at the high side and 6'6" on the low end.This will pretty much be my "lease condo" if all goes well.

Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Stand build for the lease - 02/23/15 12:52 AM

Looks good so far!!
Posted By: High Country Archer

Re: Stand build for the lease - 02/26/15 03:15 PM

Great start. How heavy do you think it will be when done?
Posted By: Western

Re: Stand build for the lease - 02/27/15 11:15 AM

up Looks good.

I built mine like that, each wall was a "piece" I had to lift up on a 14' steel stand I built. I had the walls done and painted, so all I had to do was the roof and exterior corner trim. (painted the trim last since I painted the walls while on the ground. Mine is 8'x8' and it was a MOFO even using the tractor bucket!. roflmao But it is roomy and solid as can be.
Posted By: spg

Re: Stand build for the lease - 02/27/15 03:58 PM

I'm building 3, I'll post some pics when get closer to finishing.

Re: Stand build for the lease - 03/02/15 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: High Country Archer
Great start. How heavy do you think it will be when done?

Thanks! When its completed it should weigh in at about 450-500#. It will be modular and each piece will be secured to another with carriage bolts. It will be elevated about 6' off the ground but 2 people should be able to assemble it without issue. At least that's my theory. smirk
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Stand build for the lease - 03/02/15 01:53 PM

Looking at your construction so far 500 lbs seems pretty lite.

Re: Stand build for the lease - 03/02/15 05:20 PM

Yeah, I will be lucky if I can get the weight down to 500# but I am sure as hell gonna try.
Posted By: Harley7892

Re: Stand build for the lease - 03/03/15 02:20 AM

I cut the 2x in half (2x2) it did take off a little weight, still held pretty straight with the plywood sheathing screwed off. Mine been up 10 yr just add another paint job every 3-5 yr.
Posted By: Knightdiscshooter

Re: Stand build for the lease - 03/06/15 03:23 AM

I made my wife's and mine the same way all modular. The stands just bolt together. My wife and I can put them up.

Re: Stand build for the lease - 03/09/15 11:58 AM

Well I tried my best to get the weight down but....That aint happening.. Spent Saturday Dry fitting everything at the house. Turned out pretty good. Once I get my window material figured out it will be time to take it to the lease , set posts, paint and get it up in the air.

Posted By: jetdad

Re: Stand build for the lease - 03/13/15 11:38 PM

What are you using for your base?

Re: Stand build for the lease - 03/16/15 11:04 AM

I built a 2x4 framed floor with joist hangers and from there it will be elevated 6' with 6 4x4's. Posts will be set with concrete.

Re: Stand build for the lease - 04/01/15 03:25 PM

Got the posts set and its about 70% completed. In the next couple or 3 weeks I should have a roof on, windows installed, painted and plumbed for a propane heater. It's been a bigger pain that expected but should be worth it in the end.

Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Stand build for the lease - 04/01/15 05:11 PM

Very nice up

What kind of windows are you going to install?

Re: Stand build for the lease - 04/01/15 05:58 PM

Thanks!

Will probably end up making them with 4x8 sheets of poly-carbonate, which will be very expensive so I am actually still thinking about that one.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Stand build for the lease - 04/02/15 01:19 PM

I would suggest deerview glass windows. The flip down are very reasonable in price, easy to install, glass that will never frost up.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum