Texas Hunting Forum

Tower Blind Stand

Posted By: drewsky1991

Tower Blind Stand - 01/26/15 01:52 AM

Started on the stand for the new tower blind this week... went with 2"x2"x3/16" angle iron for the legs, supports and ladder... 3/8" rebar for the cross supports. The legs are 10' tall, and the 4'x8' box blind should fit just fine on top. I also added a little 2' porch with some expanded metal. Let me know what y'all think!

Started with the base..

then the legs..

then some supports..

the ladder..

and the finished product!

also made an anchor to set in concrete, so she won't be going anywhere!

-Drew
Posted By: rattler03

Re: Tower Blind Stand - 01/26/15 02:35 AM

That looks nice, good job!

Re: Tower Blind Stand - 01/26/15 05:10 PM

Thanks ratter03!
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Tower Blind Stand - 01/26/15 08:41 PM

Looks like you did a fine job! up
Posted By: Frio County Hunts

Re: Tower Blind Stand - 02/07/15 02:00 PM

Very nice
Posted By: bsmizzy07

Re: Tower Blind Stand - 02/13/15 03:36 AM

Man, I really wish I had a welder and could weld....but then Id probably be broke with projects like this! lol

Nice build!
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Tower Blind Stand - 02/18/15 12:18 AM

Looks good
Posted By: Dennis in Ft Worth

Re: Tower Blind Stand - 02/25/15 07:27 AM

Very nice work! The hand rails on the ladder are a classy touch-
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Tower Blind Stand - 02/25/15 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: bsmizzy07
Man, I really wish I had a welder and could weld....but then Id probably be broke with projects like this! lol

Nice build!

Have you priced steel? We would definitely be broke! Heck, I built a wooden shooting bench not too long ago and am still feeling the effects. Saving up for one of Ramball's steel benches.

That is an awesome looking stand!
Posted By: TomH FW

Re: Tower Blind Stand - 02/26/15 01:30 AM

Very nice work! I welded up a ground stand/bomb shelter frame using some leftover 3"tube, 8" C purlins, and angle from the ranch. Complete with shooting height rifle rests. Weighs like a ton! Always fun to make stuff.

Re: Tower Blind Stand - 02/26/15 08:03 PM

Sure Is fun making something outta Steel, it's a blast to work with...I believe, actually, after all the rebar and angle was purchased, price came out to around $250 or so. So it's justified, in my mind, spending that much on the stand, when a 10' tower and 5x7 blind set up from Atascosa is around $3000! Just my opinion though! I'll post some more pictures later on, got the stand primed and painted the other day.

Re: Tower Blind Stand - 03/19/15 12:10 AM

Finally got some downtime from work to get moving again on this blind build. I got the stand primed with Ospho, and then painted up.

Today, knocked out the majority of the framing/construction of the actual box blind for the top of the stand.

Hopefully I'll get done soon, then it'll be onto the ranch. Until next time..

-Drew
Posted By: CDB65

Re: Tower Blind Stand - 08/02/15 03:52 PM

Looks good might contact Deer View Windows for some windows and a door. Like the hand rail on the ladder.

www.chaddavidoutdoors.com
Building God's Kingdom, one stand at a time.
Posted By: WNPHNTR

Re: Tower Blind Stand - 08/03/15 02:18 AM

Just curious how your going to get the box up on the frame. Tractor?
That's a really good looking set-up.
How are you attaching it to the frame? I'm trying to basically do the same thing but I'm having to build the box on top.
I don't have any other way of getting it up there.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum