Texas Hunting Forum

My new deer stand build

Posted By: burleson1974

My new deer stand build - 10/08/14 04:11 PM

I just build a new stand using all treated lumber and cedar. It has 90 degree metal braces, a camper door, custom fit Deer View windows, "elevator" brackets for the legs, and a metal roof. It measures 4 1/2' X 6 1/2' X 5 1/2' and sits about 7' off the ground. My home computer is down...can someone help me post the pictures of it (I have them on my cell phone)??

Re: My new deer stand build - 10/08/14 05:25 PM

pm me if you can post the pictures for me...
Posted By: RossCravens

Re: My new deer stand build - 10/08/14 10:11 PM

Here ya go

Re: My new deer stand build - 10/08/14 10:14 PM

Thanks Ross for posting them for me!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: My new deer stand build - 10/09/14 12:26 AM

That looks awesome! That cedar will last a long time with no maintenance. How much did it cost you to build it?

If I were you I'd wire it to some cedars at the base of the tree. The wind will pull those t-post's right out of the ground. I learned this the hard way.

Great Job. up

Re: My new deer stand build - 10/09/14 03:39 PM

I'm actually thinking of creating some sort of a basket underneath it and filling it with rocks...and connecting it to the bottom of the stand. It sits in the edge of a field and the only tree is the one in the background. I saw someone post a picture of it on here at one point.

Re: My new deer stand build - 10/09/14 03:41 PM

oh and it ran me about $800, but I spared no expense and used nothing but treated decking screws for the whole build.
Posted By: USMCatfish

Re: My new deer stand build - 10/17/14 02:19 PM

very nice
Posted By: rarjar

Re: My new deer stand build - 10/17/14 02:21 PM

Very nice indeed burleson!
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: My new deer stand build - 10/17/14 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: USMCatfish
very nice

Re: My new deer stand build - 10/17/14 06:23 PM

Thanks!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: My new deer stand build - 10/18/14 12:29 AM

Great job.
Posted By: Chuck Cox

Re: My new deer stand build - 10/19/14 07:37 PM

Where did you get the leg brace mounts?
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: My new deer stand build - 10/20/14 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: burleson1974
I'm actually thinking of creating some sort of a basket underneath it and filling it with rocks...and connecting it to the bottom of the stand. It sits in the edge of a field and the only tree is the one in the background. I saw someone post a picture of it on here at one point.

Very Nice Sir up

May i suggest put a eye bolt in the center of the bottom, and buy a heavy duty screw in anchor and run that in the ground (like the ones they anchor modular trailers with) use braided wire and a adjustable tensioner in the center...

Or a eye bolt and run a cable down and install a tensioner fill a huge was tub or rubber tub with sac crete to crete a center pull...let me find some pics...Great Build up

Re: My new deer stand build - 10/24/14 12:15 PM

Thanks Sniper! I like the idea of the center anchor...I'll have to figure out something!
Posted By: dieselboost

Re: My new deer stand build - 11/17/14 05:36 PM

Thats Awesome!!! Thanks for posting and showing us
Posted By: USMCatfish

Re: My new deer stand build - 11/20/14 05:46 PM

very nice...do you have any pictures of the inside?
Posted By: jgc

Re: My new deer stand build - 11/21/14 03:31 PM

Nice stand. I have been thinking about building a board and batten stand myself. (I had pretty much shelved the idea for metal, but might resurrect it again - metal has some disadvantages).

I have bounced a few ideas around inside my head... Should I make it air tight with foam panel insulation (then which type), should I use tyvek... (just read that some foam panels are vapor permeable - so that is a plus I think).

If you don't mind spending the money, Replace the T post with mobile home anchors. I think they will give you a bit more tie down strength. Of course, auguring a hole and cementing in a burred anchor (a foot or 2 of dirt over the cement) would probably be stronger

Re: My new deer stand build - 12/01/14 09:52 PM

Next time I'm out at the lease I'll take some pictures of the inside. I also like the idea of the mobile home anchors...I may have to do that!
Posted By: Fltmedic

Re: My new deer stand build - 12/02/14 04:09 AM

beautiful blind Burleson! Should work like a charm.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: My new deer stand build - 12/02/14 12:09 PM

Very nice. So how's the season going in that Taj Majal?
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: My new deer stand build - 12/02/14 12:47 PM

Nice stand! Great job! That's going to be a smell good stand...lol
Posted By: R. Johnson

Re: My new deer stand build - 12/02/14 09:58 PM

Great looking blind.

Re: My new deer stand build - 12/09/14 02:27 PM

Creekrunner I've only sat in it twice...but rarely a hunt goes by when its not filled though! I look at it this way...if they hunt that stand all of the time then I can concentrate on better areas that are unpressured! lol
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum