Texas Hunting Forum

Game cams - I need the sneakiest

Posted By: Ramball36

Game cams - I need the sneakiest - 03/10/18 02:32 PM

Which game cam is best as far as the IR flash goes? Looking to add some to the place for security and don’t want the bad guys to see it
Posted By: kry226

Re: Game cams - I need the sneakiest - 03/11/18 06:57 AM

This Reconyx seems to have a great reputation for what you may be looking for. Expensive, but it's probably hard to beat.

https://www.trailcampro.com/collections/reconyx-trail-cameras/products/reconyx-hyperfire-sc950
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Game cams - I need the sneakiest - 04/05/18 09:17 PM

I have a reconyx HC600 and it is very covert. I have walked by it going out to hunt and never knew it. Elk and deer do like to get up close and check it out, perhaps hear the camera taking pics.
Takes good pics and triggers fast, absolutely no glow or flash of any kind. Mine gets used off and on and the batteries last a long time, can't say how long they would last with everyday use.
I looked around online and found a deal with the metal security box,got it for about $549.
I use it also for security in my driveway when special events happen in town, drunk college kids walking by. Works well for that. It could be damaged in the metal box though if someone wanted to.
I have put it out on deck for skunk patrol and it triggered when my cat went to the door inside the house, it will shoot through a window I believe.
Posted By: huntingag01

Re: Game cams - I need the sneakiest - 04/09/18 02:58 AM

The place as in your shop or your lease/hunting land?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum