Texas Hunting Forum

Insulated boots

Posted By: TFF Caribou

Insulated boots - 01/03/18 09:53 PM

I’ve seen the light!

Earlier in the season, it was particularly cold, sub 20* on the drive in. I’ve always hunted in my Ariat boots, and just dealt with cold feet. It was unbearable that morning. So I told my wife I wanted insulated boots for Christmas.
My parents bought me a pair of Herters (Cabela’s brand?) 400g insulated boots for Christmas. Wearing them for the first time today. It’s cold out, low 40s and windy, and my feet are down right comfy! They aren’t sweating, but are absolutely perfect. These boots were about $50 as I recall and if you just hunt from a deer blind, worth every penny. They are a little heavy, and a touch bulky. I wouldn’t want to walk a few miles in them, but for sitting in the cold they are a steal!
Posted By: White Falcon

Re: Insulated boots - 01/06/18 05:57 PM

Had my Red Head 1200 gram. boots on. 19 deg. walked in ice water for about 1 hr. warm feet. Just had on light socks. You need room in your boots, tight fit is a no no.
Posted By: KK30RAR

Re: Insulated boots - 01/06/18 10:22 PM

Muck Arctic Pro warm and not to bulky
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Insulated boots - 01/08/18 10:59 PM

Hunted in Maine,NH, Upstate NY and The Rockies no boots compare to Sorels with a heavy felt liner!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Insulated boots - 01/10/18 02:11 AM

I wear my snake boots year around. Super comfy and very warm during the super cold days. During the summer though, my skin bubbles up from all the heat
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: Insulated boots - 01/11/18 12:04 AM

My Danner Pronghorns work for me.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Insulated boots - 01/11/18 01:11 AM

I ordered RedWing insulated boots for an elk hunt. 'Took several months, several emails (since I wear a narrow), and, figuring out that you can't wear too bulky of socks with them, but I think they'll last me the rest of my life. But, if I'm wearing these pigs, I'm not just sitting in a blind.
Posted By: trigger time

Re: Insulated boots - 01/11/18 06:56 PM

Good boots are a must. I blew out my danners on last years elk hunts. After, I found a pair of kenetrek mountain extremes on sale and bit the bullet. Having gone through multiple pairs of rockys, danners, irish setters ext, I can say without a doubt they are one of the best things I've ever purchased for hunting. Granted they are probably overkill for most TX hunt's, but anyone that puts miles in on the mountain should look at them.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum