Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting stuff for X-mas gifts

Posted By: Hunter Daddy

Hunting stuff for X-mas gifts - 11/22/17 07:21 PM

Please give me some ideas for X-Mas gifts for $50 or under (hunting stuff.) Of course, these gifts would be for a guy. My wife doesn't want anything to do with hunting.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Hunting stuff for X-mas gifts - 11/22/17 07:45 PM

Knife, box of ammo, coat.

Warning: Don't make hunting the main thing you are known by, or else, as the years go by, you will begin drowning in hunting stuff, not being able to find something you know you have, having to figure out how to store all the crap, and you can only carry so much out in the field with you.

I know of which I speak.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Hunting stuff for X-mas gifts - 11/23/17 01:02 AM

Seen some nice pair of hunting knives a BP today, comes in nice box. Think $20.
Posted By: shea.mcphail

Re: Hunting stuff for X-mas gifts - 11/23/17 06:14 AM

Thermacell if you are like me and seem to attract every mosquito in the area.
Posted By: TXRobTRX

Re: Hunting stuff for X-mas gifts - 11/24/17 04:19 PM

Agree with Creekrunner - be careful what you wish for. Not only do you end up with way too much stuff, many times your non-hunting relatives give you items of dubious use/quality.

For my hunting stuff, I stick with the consumables - thermocell, batteries, SD cards, etc. All of thsoe are great ideas under $50.
Posted By: Cajunrotor

Re: Hunting stuff for X-mas gifts - 12/08/17 02:01 PM

Leupold pen-type lens cleaner, about $15
Posted By: rickym

Re: Hunting stuff for X-mas gifts - 12/08/17 06:26 PM

Decoys if you duck hunt. New release if you bow hunt. New cleaning knife(with shears if a bird hunter) good pair of gloves.
Posted By: Triple7

Re: Hunting stuff for X-mas gifts - 12/11/17 10:27 PM

there is that "hunting vault" thing were they send you somethings every month. Buy a year of that
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Hunting stuff for X-mas gifts - 12/11/17 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Triple7
there is that "hunting vault" thing were they send you somethings every month. Buy a year of that

I stand by my original statement, but I'd never heard of this so here's a link: >>>Hunt vault

Looks like pretty good stuff. 'Would be a cool gift for a beginning hunter, of any age.
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Hunting stuff for X-mas gifts - 12/15/17 07:09 PM

Gloves, Under Armor stocking cap.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Hunting stuff for X-mas gifts - 12/15/17 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: TXRobTRX
Agree with Creekrunner - be careful what you wish for. Not only do you end up with way too much stuff, many times your non-hunting relatives give you items of dubious use/quality.

For my hunting stuff, I stick with the consumables - thermocell, batteries, SD cards, etc. All of thsoe are great ideas under $50.

+1. Breaks my heart when family/friends/acquaintances spend their hard-earned $$ and buy me stuff like cheap “hunting” socks, silly hunting-themed photo frames, etc. Their heart is in the right place, but it’s a waste.

A gift card from Academy, Cabela’s, Bass Pro, Midway USA, etc. is the way to go for hunters IMO.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Hunting stuff for X-mas gifts - 12/16/17 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

+1. Breaks my heart when family/friends/acquaintances spend their hard-earned $$ and buy me stuff like cheap “hunting” socks, silly hunting-themed photo frames, etc. Their heart is in the right place, but it’s a waste.

A gift card from Academy, Cabela’s, Bass Pro, Midway USA, etc. is the way to go for hunters IMO.

AMEN!! When I was fishing a lot, I got so many fishing themed home decoration things. It eventually started to annoy me. I understand that my family doesn’t always know which products I want/need so I’d rather them get me something not hunting related that they understand instead of guessing.
Posted By: TWarren

Re: Hunting stuff for X-mas gifts - 12/16/17 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

This is the way to go! I put a lot of research into hunting gear and clothing to narrow down my selection to items that typically are not cheap. I absolutely hate cheap quality products that don't perform or, are useless in the first place, which is what I would receive if I was given hunting related gifts.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Hunting stuff for X-mas gifts - 12/16/17 10:58 PM

A good pocket knife.
Quality set of knife sharpening stones.
Nice wool shirt
Good pair of supple leather gloves with thinsulate
Training gear if you have a bird dog
A couple pairs of good wool socks
A bright headlight with a simple on and off button
Quality set of shooting bags
Any particular gun sling that want to try

I could keep going forever......
Posted By: GrandmasterB

Re: Hunting stuff for X-mas gifts - 12/30/17 05:03 AM

I appreciate my Cabela's gift cards this Christmas!
Posted By: White Falcon

Re: Hunting stuff for X-mas gifts - 12/30/17 07:44 PM

I appreciate my Cabela's gift card this Christmas! All used up now!!!
Posted By: bholt

Re: Hunting stuff for X-mas gifts - 12/31/17 06:18 PM

Another vote for gift cards. I love the comments about relatives spending their hard earned money, so true. We had a white elephant deal at the house this I bought a 30.00 BPS card. My wife said no one would want it, lets just say it was a hit. Better than a restaurant gift card.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum