Texas Hunting Forum

Trail cam question/problem

Posted By: Ratrod101

Trail cam question/problem - 09/07/17 02:42 AM

Year old Browning Strike camera began recording "AVI" vids which won't play back...anyone know why? It worked flawlessly for a year, but now only records in this format and when imported, cant view.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Trail cam question/problem - 09/07/17 02:43 AM

Have you tried a new card?

You might just need somethin to convert the video, or change the format of the card.
Posted By: BayouGuy

Re: Trail cam question/problem - 09/07/17 03:10 AM

You might try reinstalling/updating the firmware. You can get the Strike Force HD firmware here: https://www.trailcampro.com/pages/trail-camera-firmware-updates
Posted By: HS2

Re: Trail cam question/problem - 09/07/17 04:20 AM

I've had weird things happen with cameras. I have one now that takes photos every five minutes all day, but not at night. It still works for motion, too. The screen quit working also. It won't adjust, even before the screen quit working.

On yours I would try a new card.
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Trail cam question/problem - 09/07/17 12:31 PM

Most the cameras we have only last about 1-2 years. None are brownings though.
Posted By: Justin T

Re: Trail cam question/problem - 09/07/17 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Ratrod101
Year old Browning Strike camera began recording "AVI" vids which won't play back...anyone know why? It worked flawlessly for a year, but now only records in this format and when imported, cant view.

AVIs will play, you just need to get some software that can play them. I know I have used VLC media player in the past. And its free.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum