Texas Hunting Forum

Waterproof gaiters

Posted By: cg203

Waterproof gaiters - 08/27/17 04:47 PM

I'm getting ready to go to Colorado for an archery elk hunt, and am needing some gaiters. Any suggestions on a good waterproof quite gaiter? I like sitka but hate to pay $120 for a piece of gear that might not be used.
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: Waterproof gaiters - 08/27/17 06:34 PM

I have the Sitka gaiters and love them. For $79 you can get the Kuiu gaiters that are just as good. Outdoor Reaeaech has some good stuff. Might be able to find some deals on them at REI
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Waterproof gaiters - 08/28/17 12:43 PM

I got the Kuiu gaiters for my sheep hunt. I didn't end up using them because they were not needed, but they are very well made. FWIW.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Waterproof gaiters - 08/29/17 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: cg203
I'm getting ready to go to Colorado for an archery elk hunt, and am needing some gaiters. Any suggestions on a good waterproof quite gaiter? I like sitka but hate to pay $120 for a piece of gear that might not be used.

My number 1 is kuiu
My #2 OR crocs

I just ordered a short/scree pair from https://outdoorvisiongear.com to try out

They are $50 but I can't tell you how good as I haven't gotten them yet, but look well built

Posted By: texastom

Re: Waterproof gaiters - 09/05/17 05:21 PM

KUIU for sure!
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Waterproof gaiters - 10/02/17 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: cg203

My number 1 is kuiu
My #2 OR crocs

I just ordered a short/scree pair from https://outdoorvisiongear.com to try out

They are $50 but I can't tell you how good as I haven't gotten them yet, but look well built

Follow up, don't get outdoor vision, they sux I'm sending them back. Kuiu still holds number on spot
Posted By: ciscooutdoorsman

Re: Waterproof gaiters - 10/03/17 01:39 AM

I used OR crocs last year and they came in handy while crossing some uncrossable streams (by hopping from rock to rock and 2 ft water terms) boots were waterproofed before and my pants came out dry. Worth the weight and money in my opinion
Posted By: gitthanet

Re: Waterproof gaiters - 11/07/17 02:40 AM

I know this is late, but for others looking, I used kenetrek and they were great for my CO elk hunt. Vital piece of equipment not myself
Posted By: Jeffpg

Re: Waterproof gaiters - 11/29/17 09:56 AM

I've used a lot of different ones, and in my experience as long as they're quiet, waterproof, and not too heavy or stiff they will do the job.

Once you become used to them, you won't want to leave camp without them.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum