Texas Hunting Forum

Anti snake boot with strong chemical odor.

Posted By: Marcos Ziroldo

Anti snake boot with strong chemical odor. - 08/15/17 06:07 PM

Hi, hunters.
I need some information. I bought anti-snake boots from the irish setter brand and despite the manufacturer claiming they did not have a strong smell they exude a strong smell of new rubber (similar to chemical smell).
I intend to use them on wild boar hunts and as long as I can not eliminate that smell completely I can not use them.
After all who hunt boar knows how much they possess the sensitive sense of smell.
Does anyone know if there is any product I can use to eliminate the strong odor of these boots and that does not hit the material they are made of?
Grateful.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Anti snake boot with strong chemical odor. - 08/15/17 11:46 PM

return them
Posted By: bowbuilder1971

Re: Anti snake boot with strong chemical odor. - 11/04/17 05:29 AM

Yeah my wife has a pair and they don’t smell at all. Definitely return them. I have Rocky Lynx waterproof hunting snake boots and they don’t have any leather on them. They are camo and also have a side zipper so you don’t have to lace them up every time. I do a lot of ground hunting with my recurve so I stay away from snake boots with leather on them because they absorb scents. I also have a set of Rattlers Brand camo snake chaps that I picked up at Carter’s Country for $60.00 that are really nice. Good for going through brier patches.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum