Texas Hunting Forum

Getting ready to cut the foam on Pelican gun case.

Posted By: easttxhoghunter

Getting ready to cut the foam on Pelican gun case. - 08/06/17 06:34 AM

Think I have it nailed, any opinions appreciated before I make the final cuts. Have storage for 80 rounds of 6.8 in the box, 2-15 round and 2 25 round mags, 3-15 round mags of .40, M&P 40 Pistol, Spare 123 batteries, spare battery pack plus charger for MKIII Scope and Rifle. It all fits and I think it has all that I need as far as firepower.
Posted By: LouieTiger

Re: Getting ready to cut the foam on Pelican gun case. - 08/11/17 11:31 AM

I watched a youtube video that helpful.

Their method was to put it all backwards and use black sharpie to outline and then cut it out slowly. Then, flip it over so you don't see the black lines.

Electric fish filet knife is the best way to cut the material. Take your time and make sure your knife is straight/level since you are cutting it from the bottom side up.
Posted By: easttxhoghunter

Re: Getting ready to cut the foam on Pelican gun case. - 08/13/17 09:38 PM

thanks for the info
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Getting ready to cut the foam on Pelican gun case. - 08/17/17 10:21 AM

Does the foam need to be cut?
Posted By: bowbuilder1971

Re: Getting ready to cut the foam on Pelican gun case. - 11/04/17 04:28 AM

If you are ever looking for foam for a cheap price then check out the fabric section in Hobby Lobby. They have all sizes and you can secure it with double sided carpet tape. I use a Hot Wire Foam Cutter kit that costs less than $30 at Texas Art Supply. That is the best way to cut foam for gun cases.
Posted By: TruckMan66

Re: Getting ready to cut the foam on Pelican gun case. - 11/17/17 07:00 AM

My nephew used a electric carving knife. Worked perfect.
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: Getting ready to cut the foam on Pelican gun case. - 11/18/17 02:08 AM

Originally Posted By: LouieTiger
I watched a youtube video that helpful.

Their method was to put it all backwards and use black sharpie to outline and then cut it out slowly. Then, flip it over so you don't see the black lines.

Electric fish filet knife is the best way to cut the material. Take your time and make sure your knife is straight/level since you are cutting it from the bottom side up.

This ^^^^^. Dead on accurate. I did this for my sons rifle gun case. Electric carving knife worked flawlessly. And definitely outline in black marker on opposite side, cut, then flip back over. I have done it this way (recommended way) and on the same side where I have pen marks showing (not recommended).
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum