Texas Hunting Forum

Wireless camera..

Posted By: mow

Wireless camera.. - 07/28/17 02:02 AM

If I was to buy a trailcam that uses AT&T,but don't use them for my cell service.what plans do y'all use..they have 250mb for 15$ a month..is that enough data on that plan? Appreciate any advice..thanks in advance
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Wireless camera.. - 07/28/17 02:38 AM

The plan I have on my camera is specific to my brand of camera. I get 34,000 images every three months for a little over 30$. My service is separate from my cell plan.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Wireless camera.. - 07/28/17 10:02 AM

Rex, what do you have?

Re: Wireless camera.. - 07/28/17 03:35 PM

just found this out..you can get 2gigs of data from att for 25$ for 3 months..i think im gonna try this out..if it works out..thats 100$ a year..im going to buy the stealthcam and try it out at home before i decide to go with it..it will only cost 25$..if it doesnt work out at home..i will take the camera back before warrenty runs out..i did that aa couple months back..but with the camera i bought i tried it within wifi distance and the app that was assocciated with camera..gave free access to the cloud..so i tried it for a week..decided it didnt work right for me..so i sent it back..amazon is awesome on their return policy..just boxed it up took it to ups store..they scanned it in... when i got back home 2 hours lated the refund was in my checking account..

Re: Wireless camera.. - 07/28/17 03:38 PM

stealthcam wireless trailcam
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Wireless camera.. - 07/29/17 05:00 PM

Covert is who I use, their customer service is spectacular, part of the reason I went with them.
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Wireless camera.. - 07/30/17 10:37 PM

I run several Cellular cameras and one of them is the Stealth Cam. It has worked flawlessly for me. You can use the AT&T sim which is $25 for 3 months of 2gb data ( I got an email from them offering me a year for $75 with 8gb data).

The Truphone sim also works with the Stealth. I like it better because you only pay for what you use and you add more "data" or money on your card when you want to. If your account runs out of data, it will just stop sending pics (you will get an error message from Stealth). This has happened to me and I put money on the card the next week and it started transmitting again like nothing happened.

I usually get about 2k or 3k small images a month and it cost me about $40 a year in data charges with the Truphone card....hence, why I like it. The Truphone card also uses many more (or did) cellular carriers than AT&T and works in some places that AT&T doesn't (it actually uses AT&T towers as well).

Hope this helps

Re: Wireless camera.. - 08/01/17 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Pittstate
I run several Cellular cameras and one of them is the Stealth Cam. It has worked flawlessly for me. You can use the AT&T sim which is $25 for 3 months of 2gb data ( I got an email from them offering me a year for $75 with 8gb data).

The Truphone sim also works with the Stealth. I like it better because you only pay for what you use and you add more "data" or money on your card when you want to. If your account runs out of data, it will just stop sending pics (you will get an error message from Stealth). This has happened to me and I put money on the card the next week and it started transmitting again like nothing happened.

I usually get about 2k or 3k small images a month and it cost me about $40 a year in data charges with the Truphone card....hence, why I like it. The Truphone card also uses many more (or did) cellular carriers than AT&T and works in some places that AT&T doesn't (it actually uses AT&T towers as well).

Hope this helps

thanks,man
Posted By: Kung Fu Widgeon

Re: Wireless camera.. - 08/12/17 07:07 PM

Get your provider to put an I-Pad data unlimited plan on your card. Costs me 20 a month.
Posted By: Curtis

Re: Wireless camera.. - 08/13/17 04:27 PM

I like the Coverts and used them since 2014. But the ones that have my attention right now are the Moultrie for my next trail cam because they use a modem that you can move separately from camera to camera. The price is right for it IMO.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum