Texas Hunting Forum

What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator?

Posted By: TXGH

What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/24/17 06:28 PM

Here is mine

What is your favorite and why?
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/24/17 06:41 PM

It's your favorite and you happen to be promoting it too? Isn't that a little disingenuous?

disingenuous-not candid or sincere.

Have you now signed up as a vendor?

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/24/17 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: CharlieCTx
It's your favorite and you happen to be promoting it too? Isn't that a little disingenuous?

I do not sell it just did a review on it. If I did not believe in it I would have never done a video for it. One thing I do like is the mild scent that is not over powering on the cover scent. Seems to do the job.

Also there are a lot of them out there so that is why I asked to see what everyone else likes as well.
Posted By: swmays

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/24/17 07:07 PM

Deep Woods Off and Copenhagen have been my go-to for a number of years now.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/24/17 07:09 PM

cheers Good review jt ... Back in the day, hunting cloths were put in trash bag with pine needles & some ceder bark, chips... Parked truck & changed just before going inta woods... Been while since went hunting, still works though... flag
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/24/17 07:20 PM

I'll stick to nature and using the wind to my favor. IF (When) you do a video as a vendor and it has to do with cover scent and getting close to game animals, I think you would want to have a camera angle actually showing how close you are the game to at least look like the hype is believable.

Your video's are getting somewhat better but still too much shaking of the camera due to either props, wind or the outdoor setting.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/24/17 07:24 PM

Cover scents don't work, so I don't bother.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/24/17 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: jtprocaddie

I do not sell it just did a review on it. If I did not believe in it I would have never done a video for it. One thing I do like is the mild scent that is not over powering on the cover scent. Seems to do the job.

Also there are a lot of them out there so that is why I asked to see what everyone else likes as well.

Taking any advice from you or your show is about like asking the Kennedy family advice on sobriety.......a total waste of time.

FYI....scent elimination is a farce. Put that on your show.

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/24/17 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt
I'll stick to nature and using the wind to my favor. IF (When) you do a video as a vendor and it has to do with cover scent and getting close to game animals, I think you would want to have a camera angle actually showing how close you are the game to at least look like the hype is believable.

Your video's are getting somewhat better but still too much shaking of the camera due to either props, wind or the outdoor setting.

Agreed with the shaking I have a good tripod on order because this one I got from best buy is not 100% with the wind. The audit should sound a lit better as I upgraded mics. Hopefully the better tripod will fix the slight shaking with the higher winds.

I am not selling this product. But as I get more video of getting up close and personal I will be sure to share.

Thanks!
Posted By: rickym

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/24/17 08:29 PM

Cover scent...pssh. I typically dont use any.

You should remind your viewers that no matter what cover scent they choose to apply, playing the wind is always your best bet to not get caught.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/24/17 08:37 PM

Marlboros and Miller Lite.
Posted By: decook

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/24/17 08:53 PM

I just take a bath once and awhile. I can't hold my breath long enough to make that scent covers do any good.
Posted By: HuntersAnonymous41

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/24/17 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: scalebuster
Marlboros and Miller Lite.
grin Cheers. But honestly all depends on the area, wind direction, and most importantly my wallet
Posted By: mattyg06

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/24/17 08:55 PM

I prefer these. I don't know how much animals notice them but I personally enjoy the smell of the 'fresh earth' scent wafers. I would use them in my car if my wife didn't ride in my truck so much.

Posted By: Rustler

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/24/17 08:58 PM

Diesel, grease maybe a little motor oil & sweat with a little cow poo mixed in, or, dial soap & mountain spring deodorant & a little splash of cologne of course cow poo will almost always be on my boots in some form at least the odor of.

Cover scents,,, rotflmao
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/24/17 09:03 PM

bs

You are doing everything backwards. You must develop credibility FIRST with videos that give you such. Then the public will give you some time to hear your story on products. But even Bill Jordan isn't going to get anyone to listen for over 3 minutes about covers scents.

You don't get it...... you have to put in the work and show success at your craft to develop a following that means something and has value. You just want to take the short cut and "act" like you have done this already. And your just digging your hole deeper and deeper.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/25/17 02:32 AM

No ones going to read this but..... unscented soap and only wear my boots in the woods. Once I'm off the pavement I change my boots....
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/25/17 02:34 AM

Scotch and cigars. Because they put me in my happy place.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/26/17 05:29 PM

The wind.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/27/17 05:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Wilhunt
The wind.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/27/17 05:14 AM

Originally Posted By: jtprocaddie

Id assume it went something like this

You: hey send me some free cover scent and ill do a review on it. You can trust me I'm pro staff for a crappy NV company
Them: No body else has show a lick on interest in the product so sure.
You: I got the product and made what I think is a great review.
Them: Yeah great review (sarcasm)
You: can you send me some more?
Them: sorry we are currently out of the product bc of your awesome review, we will contact you when we get some more(sarcasm)
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/28/17 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: TEXASLEFTY
No ones going to read this but..... unscented soap and only wear my boots in the woods. Once I'm off the pavement I change my boots....

I read it. Glad I did, too. Now I just need to know what stretch of woods to avoid that you're tromping through in just your boots.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/29/17 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Originally Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

I read it. Glad I did, too. Now I just need to know what stretch of woods to avoid that you're tromping through in just your boots.

Hell yeah!!! Lol!!!
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/29/17 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: decook
I just take a bath once and awhile. I can't hold my breath long enough to make that scent covers do any good.

Yup. All of the scent blockers and cover scents in the world will do nothing for the mass of air that comes from your lungs, bad breath or not.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 05/29/17 09:20 PM

I quit worrying about scent since I picked this bad boy up:

Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 07/11/17 08:51 PM

speed stick unscented
dove soap unscented
oxyclean laundry detergent unscented

Then be one with the wind gods.
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 07/11/17 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: swmays
Deep Woods Off and Copenhagen have been my go-to for a number of years now.

Yep!
Posted By: TRMIN8R

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 07/13/17 07:40 PM

Campfire smoke
Posted By: MClark

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 07/15/17 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: TRMIN8R
Campfire smoke

When in Africa our guide burned, smoldering, dry buffalo chips.
It was both a cover scent and would keep the flys away.
Doesn't smell bad,.

M
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 08/01/17 11:11 AM

RED BEANS WITH CORNBREAD AND PEPPERS. Bust one loose upwind and they will not smell anything for days. Their vision is cloudy also with the teary eyes. Make sure they are Sharp pintos, cause the dull ones blow holes in the long johns. stir bolt
Posted By: Vern1

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 08/01/17 03:05 PM

Been hunting successfully for 50+ years without cover scent.
I use the money for ammo, targets and practice so when I get a shot, I can make it.

My super-secret formula:
The wind is your friend + old man BO + Cutter Natural insect repellent.

When the wind is right, I ride my 4wheeler right up to my stands and step right on the ladder.
When the wind is wrong, I go to another stand facing different direction and do the same thing.
Saves lots of walking and helps keep ticks off!

YMMV.
Posted By: TXAg08

Re: What is your favorite cover scent or odor eliminator? - 08/01/17 03:14 PM

Like most others, I use the wind to my advantage. I have never used any coverup products.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum