Texas Hunting Forum

What's the best rain gear

Posted By: EasyMoney

What's the best rain gear - 04/17/17 10:04 PM

The frog toggs are great in small showers but I've been soaked the last few showers we had even wearing my frog toggs. What's everyone's best rain gear? I'm too the point to buying a thin jacket that's "waterproof" and using scotch guard
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: What's the best rain gear - 04/17/17 10:31 PM

Columbia outdry extreme
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: What's the best rain gear - 04/18/17 03:20 AM

Tag
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: What's the best rain gear - 04/18/17 02:54 PM

NorthFace HyVent stuff is great and about as breathable as you can get for rain gear.
Posted By: Buffs 1

Re: What's the best rain gear - 04/18/17 02:56 PM

Carhartt
Posted By: Nitro27

Re: What's the best rain gear - 04/26/17 06:19 PM

Helly Hansen
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: What's the best rain gear - 04/27/17 01:05 PM

For all day rain, I had good success staying dry in Cabela's Suede 4 Most Dry Plus Packable Rain wear. Not quite as breathable as their MT 50 goretex but keeps the rain out and not as expensive.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: What's the best rain gear - 04/27/17 01:27 PM

Bass Pro 100mph suit. If you're going to stay out in the rain make the investment.
Posted By: Cast

Re: What's the best rain gear - 04/27/17 01:43 PM

Get yourself a used Harley rain suit. It keeps me dry and warm on the bike.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: What's the best rain gear - 04/27/17 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Gumbeaux
NorthFace HyVent stuff is great and about as breathable as you can get for rain gear.

Had my northface hyvent gear for 14 years now and it is finally getting to the point I need to re-waterproof it. Stuff is amazing though and will keep you bone dry in the worst rain. Even better is that you can zip in a fleece liner and it is good down to below freezing.

Originally Posted By: Pappybear
For all day rain, I had good success staying dry in Cabela's Suede 4 Most Dry Plus Packable Rain wear. Not quite as breathable as their MT 50 goretex but keeps the rain out and not as expensive.

This stuff goes on sale for half off around thanksgiving every year, so about 200 bucks for top and bottom instead of around 500. It is also very good quality and for the money is hard to beat a cold weather/wet weather setup.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum