Texas Hunting Forum

Stika experience

Posted By: hookemhorns

Stika experience - 01/20/17 11:03 PM

Does anyone have any experience with Sitka gear? Specifically the Stratus line or the fanatic line?
Posted By: huntingag01

Re: Stika experience - 01/22/17 07:27 PM

I have a couple items but not those. I will say it is great gear with great CS. I wouldn't pay full retail as I don't think it is quite that but if you can catch it on sale or find a staffer it is worth it.
Posted By: R.spencer

Re: Stika experience - 01/25/17 08:56 PM

I have the core base layers, traverse top, ascent pants ,kelvin vest and stratus coat. Works great when layered properly. Keeps me warm down to around 0 degrees
Posted By: 505ed

Re: Stika experience - 01/29/17 03:31 PM

I have a jetstream jacket and vest and timberline pant. They are very good quality and too warm for most areas I hunt. For an Alaskan sheep mountain, or a Wyoming hillside they are wonderful. Good wind proof stuff. I will agree on the price. I bought most of mine on 20%off and it was still 20% too much... I have some Onca gear I like very much.

Ed
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Stika experience - 02/04/17 11:43 AM

Well thought out, high quality gear worth the extra money.....when you buy them at the end of the hunting season on sale. up
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Stika experience - 02/21/17 06:08 AM

Camofire will have it on sale at various times, up to 40 % off. Good stuff for the cold and wind. Pretty quiet too. I have sitka and Core4element, both are well made.
Posted By: Zach S

Re: Stika experience - 03/02/17 01:44 AM

Have two sets that I've bought on sale at end of season and it is great stuff. It's all about layering. Only thing I don't like is their gloves.
Posted By: foodieguy

Re: Stika experience - 03/30/17 03:31 AM

X2 on camofire, its on there pretty often
Posted By: redmist1

Re: Stika experience - 04/01/17 01:11 AM

I have used stika and FirstLight and find them both to be extremely well made and comfortable
Posted By: VarmintSniper30

Re: Stika experience - 04/12/17 11:02 PM

I love all of my stika gear.everything works flawlessly
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Stika experience - 05/08/17 01:38 AM

I haven't had any but my son does and he loves it. I have coon fingered the Sitka stuff he has and it seems to be top notch. I would love to have some but I just can't make myself turn loose of the cash for it.
Posted By: Craw3773

Re: Stika experience - 05/16/17 04:28 AM

Sitka is awesome. Watch camofire, and you can get great deals. Why pay full retail when a little shopping can get the same thing for half as much.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum