Texas Hunting Forum

Little Buddy Heater. Cold weather

Posted By: Roll-Tide

Little Buddy Heater. Cold weather - 12/18/16 04:47 AM

Gonna head out mon morning.

Last cold snap i had some issues getting it started. At my truck it works fine.

Is it the propane in cold weather? Or the starter causing the issue???
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Little Buddy Heater. Cold weather - 12/18/16 05:05 AM

I tried firing mine up last week, and it was a no go. I gotta open her up and see what's up.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Little Buddy Heater. Cold weather - 12/18/16 05:21 AM

Cold made mine very hard to start last year
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Little Buddy Heater. Cold weather - 12/18/16 05:22 AM

They suck, get a Mr Buddy. I threw my little buddy away
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Little Buddy Heater. Cold weather - 12/18/16 05:27 AM

I've got one Little Buddy heater. Didn't have it long before it wouldn't light. I was gonna trash it, but decided to see if it would light if I used one of those small bic fireplace lighters. It lit just fine, so now I have the heater and the lighter in the blind and all is well. That approach worked on a balky Coleman Catalytic heater too.

Re: Little Buddy Heater. Cold weather - 12/18/16 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Ramsey
They suck, get a Mr Buddy. I threw my little buddy away

I got a mr buddy too. Harder to carry and throws out mucho heat for my blind.

Re: Little Buddy Heater. Cold weather - 12/18/16 05:32 AM

Originally Posted By: 603Country
I've got one Little Buddy heater. Didn't have it long before it wouldn't light. I was gonna trash it, but decided to see if it would light if I used one of those small bic fireplace lighters. It lit just fine, so now I have the heater and the lighter in the blind and all is well. That approach worked on a balky Coleman Catalytic heater too.

That was gonna be my backup plan. But didnt know if it would work. Will do some test runs tomorrow.
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: Little Buddy Heater. Cold weather - 12/18/16 05:41 AM

I just leave a lighter in the blind with mine... I've had some problems on really cold mornings but a lighter takes care of it.
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Little Buddy Heater. Cold weather - 12/19/16 06:03 AM

I got around to opening it up. It seems as though a mouse thought it would make a nice condo. In the process of making a nice nest inside. It decided to chew through one of the wires. Guess it's my fault for leaving it in the blind for the past year. I repair the wire, and now it works like new.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum