Texas Hunting Forum

Game Camera Value & Relief

Posted By: JackB

Game Camera Value & Relief - 11/14/16 02:48 PM

Ive been using Game Cameras since they been released for sale in sporting good stores. Ive had dozens. They are all made from plastic and have varying degrees of quality versus performance. They all break and have a very short field life. I just read a forum entry about the Cuddebacks- which are advertised as a great camera. As are the Wild Game Innovations, Reconyx, Primos etc. EVerybody has a new cam gimmick to keep em relevant. HOWEVER there is a game camera that for the 100 bucks you pay, and sometimes they are discounted below $80.00, that have absolutely great photos, and even greater battery life on 6 not 8 YES 6 AA batteries. The Browning cameras. Im sorry but my three Browning cameras have been the absolutely most reliable, economic and durable game cameras I have strapped to a tree. Even when the sensors start going out or if the battery levels weaken, or the weather gets to em...they still produce a useable photo to give you the hunting edge. Ill shut up and post what Im talking about. - Under $100.00 each, - 6 AAs - produces videos as well as 10megapix photos. Thousands at 8 megapixels. ILUVEM.

Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Game Camera Value & Relief - 11/14/16 03:11 PM

My Bushnells are the same way.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Game Camera Value & Relief - 11/14/16 03:18 PM

I agree. All good things thus far from my Browning, but I can't mark it has my best value camera just yet. Not until my $70 Blade 5 WGI bites the dust (it's approaching 40K pictures in 42 months of use)

Re: Game Camera Value & Relief - 11/14/16 03:30 PM

cool- but on 6 or 8 AAs? I hate changin batteries. I strap to trees, then always have to reaim the cam sometime as the battery compartments are always sitting against a branch or something proped with a branch to get a right angle. And they're small cameras.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Game Camera Value & Relief - 11/14/16 04:34 PM

Exactly which Browning camera model are you using?
Posted By: GLC

Re: Game Camera Value & Relief - 11/14/16 07:18 PM

I was using 6 of the older model Primos #60, #35 and #46. When they went to the smaller models I bought one of them but I never was able to get it to work as well as the larger models. I tried a Stealth model PX14 to start replacing mine but wasn't very impressed. A month ago I bought one of the Browning Command OPS $79. Worked so well I bought 4 more. Good fast little cameras that take a real nice video too. They use 8 AA batteries. After the first month they are still at 100 percent battery life. They are set right now with a pic every 30 seconds which is about 150 pics a week on my place.

Re: Game Camera Value & Relief - 11/15/16 02:36 AM

the 8 mega pixel cam...even a 8 megpxl photo is a LOT of dang pixels,....

Re: Game Camera Value & Relief - 11/15/16 02:41 AM

heres the properties of the color photo with the bucks in it...a 2.75 mb photo - 4227 pixels.... how much do ya really need.... i just like using 6 AAs ONCE a SEASON!!!....
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Game Camera Value & Relief - 11/15/16 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: JackB
heres the properties of the color photo with the bucks in it...a 2.75 mb photo - 4227 pixels.... how much do ya really need.... i just like using 6 AAs ONCE a SEASON!!!....

The selling point of these cameras isn't the fact they take 2 less batteries. They are just solid cameras.

FYI: Six batteries won't last all year @ a 3500 pics a month rate so don't let the battery indicator fool you as it did me up
Posted By: TX0303

Re: Game Camera Value & Relief - 11/16/16 07:19 PM

I just bought two Browning Strike Force HDs and put them out last week end.
Posted By: Dropp-243

Re: Game Camera Value & Relief - 11/16/16 08:17 PM

I put out two new Browning strike forces opening weekend. They take good pictures. I was sitting in my blind last weekend and had 4 does at the feeder. No pics of the does on my card. I had others pics on it though. Any ideals why I didn't have those pics.
Posted By: duckbill

Re: Game Camera Value & Relief - 11/16/16 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Dropp-243
I put out two new Browning strike forces opening weekend. They take good pictures. I was sitting in my blind last weekend and had 4 does at the feeder. No pics of the does on my card. I had others pics on it though. Any ideals why I didn't have those pics.

Maybe it's set to only take pictures of horned animals
Posted By: TX0303

Re: Game Camera Value & Relief - 11/17/16 04:51 PM

Did you have it set for Trail Cam mode?
Was it within 60ft of the deer? That's about the max for detection.
Posted By: Dropp-243

Re: Game Camera Value & Relief - 11/17/16 07:07 PM

Yes to both questions. Probably 25ft away
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Game Camera Value & Relief - 11/17/16 07:19 PM

I have had the same problem with a stealth cam, P12 I think. It takes a picture of every cow and if I am there to fill the feeder it takes a good picture then. I changed the setting from G-1 to G-2 to see if that helps. Lost my manual that came with it so I am sort of speculating on what I may get.
Posted By: DSL

Re: Game Camera Value & Relief - 12/16/16 03:59 PM

Couldnt agree more!
Posted By: rickym

Re: Game Camera Value & Relief - 12/16/16 07:14 PM

No camera takes a picture of everything that walks infront of it. I dont know why but thats just how it is. Take 2 game cams of the same brand and set them side by side, I bet youll be surprised
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum