Texas Hunting Forum

Scent Killer Homebrew

Posted By: Dave3575

Scent Killer Homebrew - 10/29/16 03:52 AM

I know not everyone subscribes to using it - I do, but I've also walked up on deer smelling like I was in Bangkok for 3 days without soap, water or morals so I understand the jury is out - that's not the question...

For the guys that do use scent killer, have you ever gone the home-bew route? I've been reading allot about it and there is a consistent formula on the internet that I want to try but if anyone has already done it i'd love to hear your personal experience, not your neighbors brothers, sisters, pimp's, uncles experience... but yours.

what i have found is

6 oz.. (2 cups) Peroxide (3%)
16 oz. (2 cups) Distilled Water
1/4 cup baking soda
1 oz. unscented shampoo (a good choice is H&S Scent-A-Way… the green stuff)
Mix in a large bowl (don’t shake up in milk jug) so the baking soda dissolves. Once it’s dissolved you can pour it into a milk jug.

Let sit for several days, so the chemical reaction settles down. During that time don’t snap the cap on tight or shake the milk jug; it could explode. Spray as normal store bought stuff.

... Has anyone made this or anything similar and had good results?
Posted By: spg

Re: Scent Killer Homebrew - 10/29/16 05:36 AM

I don't have that kind of time on my hands.........I use non scented soap and deodorant. Usually try and hunt down wind of the main deer movement. Usually a nervous deer will circle you before it shows itself.
Posted By: Dave3575

Re: Scent Killer Homebrew - 10/29/16 09:46 PM

Yeah i hear you. I mean who has 12 minutes to mix a few things together.... idiots they must be.
Posted By: spg

Re: Scent Killer Homebrew - 10/29/16 10:51 PM

NOT ME
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: Scent Killer Homebrew - 11/02/16 01:45 PM

If you can smell it so can the deer. I can smell baking soda and peroxide both of which to my knowledge aren't natural scents you would find in the wild. I do use unscented laundry detergent and avoid soap and shampoo with fragrances, but you simply can't beat hunting up high and downwind.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum