Texas Hunting Forum

Soft sided RTIC?

Posted By: Txhuntr2

Soft sided RTIC? - 09/21/16 10:06 PM

I have a tan RTIC 65 and am happy with the cooler. Thinking about a soft 30 or 40 for shorter trips and to transport a caped deer head.

Anyone have any comments about the quality of a soft RTIC?
Posted By: jfdawson

Re: Soft sided RTIC? - 09/22/16 03:13 AM

I have the 20. Works great. Only issue is the zipper is hard to open/close but the insulation is the same as a yeti soft side cooler. Keeps ice for 2 days inside the house or inside the air conditioned truck. There's still ice on the 3rd day but it's mostly cold water.

let me add that the TOP loading/ Zip around style is WAY EASIER to add ice and get in/out of... Much better design than the original SoftSide Top straight zipper load of the Yeti.. and I have the 30qt SS Yeti to compare.
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: Soft sided RTIC? - 09/22/16 01:40 PM

One of our vacation friends had one this summer at the beach... I was impressed!
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Soft sided RTIC? - 09/22/16 08:47 PM

I saw one last week at Bucee's and im rather upset with the fact that I have the Yeti(or what my wife spent on the yeti). I also have the brute, which doesn't even come close to comparison on the soft siders Yeti or RTIC make.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Soft sided RTIC? - 09/23/16 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: jfdawson
let me add that the TOP loading/ Zip around style is WAY EASIER to add ice and get in/out of... Much better design than the original SoftSide Top straight zipper load of the Yeti.. and I have the 30qt SS Yeti to compare.

X2 I have a 20 and will be buying a 40 here soon. Been very pleased with the quality or our RTIC.
Posted By: jfdawson

Re: Soft sided RTIC? - 09/24/16 06:58 AM

FYI... They just announced the Camo color soft sides...

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coolers/softpak
Posted By: Txhuntr2

Re: Soft sided RTIC? - 09/24/16 03:07 PM

The camo definitely looks good. Not sure if I'll pay an extra $25 though.
Posted By: cblackall

Re: Soft sided RTIC? - 09/25/16 08:41 PM

I've got the 30, and it's a great softside.
Posted By: Franklin517

Re: Soft sided RTIC? - 10/31/16 04:23 AM

I've got the 40 and it will keep ice a couple days in the garage. No problem so far
Posted By: elstone

Re: Soft sided RTIC? - 11/01/16 01:07 AM

Really like the 30. Wish I would have bought the 40 though cause I keep running out of room. Great to make a trip to the ranch until I get to the fridge or for a 1-2 day outing. Keeps ice for couple days no problem. The zipper is a little stiff, and it's definitely more trouble to open than just flipping a cooler lid open. Just gotta work a little harder for that beer.
Posted By: _Lee

Re: Soft sided RTIC? - 11/11/16 12:54 AM

I have a 30 and have been pleased with it. Watch their website or friend them on Facebook they have been having some good sales on them recently. Today they have their 30 oz Camo Tumblers for 10.99.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Soft sided RTIC? - 11/24/16 06:18 AM

The Camo version is on sale right now at Rtic.com
Posted By: tuckerracing

Re: Soft sided RTIC? - 11/29/16 11:40 PM

You could always go this route: https://trophytotes.com/shop/trophy-totes/
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum