Texas Hunting Forum

Tree stand seat cushion recommendation.

Posted By: BigDad

Tree stand seat cushion recommendation. - 08/11/16 02:05 PM

Can anyone recommend a good seat cushion for my tree stands? I have a few stands that are very uncomfortable with hard seats that makes my hind end hurt after a while. Have tried a few cushions that flatten out or are too small. I'm 6'1" 240 lb.

Re: Tree stand seat cushion recommendation. - 08/11/16 02:06 PM

Waterproof is a plus, hate a soggy seat.
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: Tree stand seat cushion recommendation. - 08/11/16 07:08 PM

I don't know how big the seat is, but have you looked at the square life-preservers in the boat section of Walmart or Academy? They are about 2"'s thick and have a plastic cover. I use them in my blind because the kids are too short to see out the window in a regular office chair
Posted By: Lacy1

Re: Tree stand seat cushion recommendation. - 08/11/16 11:37 PM

Take a look at Fat Boy seat cushions by Hunt Comfort. They are outstanding. I take mine to and from stand. I would not recommend leaving in a stand exposed to weather. I primarily bow hunt and you can sit all day with these. Mine has a gel pad inside the memory foam.

Re: Tree stand seat cushion recommendation. - 08/12/16 03:24 PM

Thanks for the feedback. The boat seat cushions I've tried are a little to hard for me.

I'm surprised at how expensive the Fat Boy cushions are, but like anything, you get what you pay for. Being 56 yrs old, comfort is something I'm willing to pay for.
Posted By: TKM

Re: Tree stand seat cushion recommendation. - 08/12/16 04:47 PM

I have the Fat Boy as well. When it gets cold I keep them in my 5th wheel rather than in the cab of the truck.
That way I am sitting on a warm seat rather than a cold one.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Tree stand seat cushion recommendation. - 08/13/16 04:09 PM

I've used the smaller ATV inner tubes inside of an elastic camo cover with pretty good success. Just a thought.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Tree stand seat cushion recommendation. - 08/13/16 05:51 PM

Not sure how your tree stand is built, but I modified the framing on a couple of mine to accept a bolt on boat seat
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum