Texas Hunting Forum

Remote range on e-callers

Posted By: Inky Doc

Remote range on e-callers - 03/19/16 09:14 PM

I bought a Foxpro FX3 when they were the latest and greatest and I think it's time to retire it and get a new one. I've always felt the Foxpro's remote range was lacking. Now I see many e-callers that boast 200+ yard and non-LOS ranges. What experience does anyone have with newer, longer ranged e-callers? Also, having a remote range of a mile is useless if the sound is reminiscent of a vinyl record.
Posted By: Phlash

Re: Remote range on e-callers - 04/17/16 07:32 PM

My Alpha Dogg by Primos will reach 200 yds with lithium batteries, but only about 140yds with alkaline. Not sure why there is such a difference.
Posted By: gogburn

Re: Remote range on e-callers - 06/23/16 05:47 PM

Quote:
Also, having a remote range of a mile is useless if the sound is reminiscent of a vinyl record.

Yeah, be kind of useless unless you had a 50 cal also. aim Maybe it's just me but I thought the idea was to call them in close. confused2

I'm not sure why you would need more than 100 yards. I have the Primos Alpha Dog and haven't had a need to use it over 100 yards, though it would probably work farther.
Posted By: Kung Fu Widgeon

Re: Remote range on e-callers - 08/03/16 01:01 AM

My alpha dog won't go beyond about 30-40 yards unless I'm elevated.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Remote range on e-callers - 08/03/16 08:04 PM

Ive personally seen this caller go beyond 200 yds no problem as long as you are in line of sight.

Johnny Stewart Game call
Posted By: Upland007

Re: Remote range on e-callers - 08/18/16 02:25 AM

FOXPRO IS TERRIBLE WITH RANGE I continue to struggle with mine every weekend that I use it. I get so frustrated with it.

I am thinking about trying one of the new ICOTECH calls.
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Remote range on e-callers - 08/18/16 03:27 AM

Originally Posted By: PWRANCH
FOXPRO IS TERRIBLE WITH RANGE I continue to struggle with mine every weekend that I use it. I get so frustrated with it.

I have owned almost every model Foxpro made and have not had much trouble at all with range unless there was some problem. When they came out with the new remoteTX1000 I think I checked mine and could get it to function 450 yards away.
What model do you have?
Posted By: Upland007

Re: Remote range on e-callers - 08/25/16 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: DStroud
Originally Posted By: PWRANCH

I have owned almost every model Foxpro made and have not had much trouble at all with range unless there was some problem. When they came out with the new remoteTX1000 I think I checked mine and could get it to function 450 yards away.
What model do you have?

I just have the Wilfire 2 with the foxjack 2 decoy. I have contacted them and they simply tell me I must be doing something wrong but I have put the best lithium batteries in the remote and caller with no success. I actually put it on top of a post and went about 50 yards away and it still wouldnt control the unit. I may have a defective unit but I will never know. I simply just put it about 15-20 yards from my shooting point and hope for the best.
Posted By: Big_Country01

Re: Remote range on e-callers - 08/29/16 08:06 PM

In my experience, 100 yards is plenty far for daytime hunting. You just want to get the sound away from your stand to allow you some freedom on movement. You don't want the animal to make it all the way to the caller, anyway. Nighttime hunting, the caller stays right next to me.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum