Texas Hunting Forum

Moultree game camera clearance!!!

Posted By: Hunter Daddy

Moultree game camera clearance!!! - 03/08/16 08:58 PM

I went to a WalMart in NE San Antonio today and bought three Moultree A-5 Generation 2 cameras for $30 each. They are 5MP with 50ft infra-red flash with video recording as well as photos. Does anyone have this style camera and how good are they? I'm sure that other WalMarts in San Antonio have them for this price too. It had a $49 sticker on it but it rang up for $30. Yall might want to stock up!
Posted By: rickym

Re: Moultree game camera clearance!!! - 03/08/16 09:41 PM

Sorry I'm not trying to jack your thread, also does anyone know the actual differences between this camera and the A7i? Picture and camera quality wise.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Moultree game camera clearance!!! - 03/08/16 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: rickym
Sorry I'm not trying to jack your thread, also does anyone know the actual differences between this camera and the A7i? Picture quality wise.

For Moultrie - and most GC Mfgrs, the number typically indicates the megapixels for the digital camera. In this case, the A5 is a 5MP and the A7 is a 7MP.

I think their shutter speeds are a little slow and motion detection is somewhat lacking. At $30 a pop though, that seems reasonable and you could afford a backup camera at each location. They do enjoy eating batteries.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Moultree game camera clearance!!! - 03/09/16 12:01 AM

Yeah, I found them to be a poor camera. Had 2. One died in short order and the other ate batteries. At $30, I am not sure they are worthwhile.

I appreciate Hunter Daddy posting notice of a good price however. Some of Moultrie's offerings work fine. Some don't.
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Moultree game camera clearance!!! - 03/09/16 12:57 AM

In the beginning,Moultrie at least had decent customer service. But even that stinks now. muyloco
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Moultree game camera clearance!!! - 03/09/16 12:59 AM

I've run moultre for years, bought the solar charger, pricey, saves on batteries. The older models would lose the info on the screen. Haven't had any trouble with the newer ones. Seems the ones with either the 'C' or double A batts work good. We all have different experience with all brand names.
Posted By: Sherpa Dog

Re: Moultree game camera clearance!!! - 03/09/16 02:19 AM

MOULTRIE = JUNK!!!!!!!

Older models seemed to work good for others on our rancho grande. However all 3 that I've had have JUNKED out in one way or another in a little over a year. As said in another post, MOULTRIE CUSTOMER SERVICE are a bunch of non hunting, rude, clueless, IDIOTS! nuts loco

Glad I could get rid of my moultrie frustrations again. soap
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Moultree game camera clearance!!! - 03/09/16 12:24 PM

I bought the A5 from Walmart last year. Got about 200 pics of nothing and a couple of deer. The problem is that it took pics outside of the range that made it to the card. Every breeze that moved anything triggered it. I took it back to Walmart.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Moultree game camera clearance!!! - 03/09/16 03:32 PM

I bought 5 Moultrie cameras for a lease we had in S. Texas. Ended up throwing them away. Went with Cuddeback and haven't had any problems.
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: Moultree game camera clearance!!! - 03/09/16 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Hunter Daddy
I went to a WalMart in NE San Antonio today and bought three Moultree A-5 Generation 2 cameras for $30 each. They are 5MP with 50ft infra-red flash with video recording as well as photos. Does anyone have this style camera and how good are they? I'm sure that other WalMarts in San Antonio have them for this price too. It had a $49 sticker on it but it rang up for $30. Yall might want to stock up!

I bought a bunch of the A-5 Moultrie cameras (ebay, $17ea shipped); they work ok, BUT take a lot of pictures of moving trees/ moving grass.
Seem to be too sensitive. Pics are good. lotta pics on a set of 4 c batteries. overall = better than some other cheap cams; ok for an extra cam for perimeter, trails, etc.
External power port, and support for Eye-Fi (WiFi) SD card are nice features (great for driveway security).

also got some Moultrie M-880 's cheap on ebay - now that is an awesome cam, and have them on feeder now. love the wide angle view, compact size, and sensativity just right (hardly any 'wind blowing' pics).

Posted By: .243 Man

Re: Moultree game camera clearance!!! - 04/13/16 06:09 PM

I purchases a Moultrie A5 Gen2 a few months back. Works perfect hadn't had any issues
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum