Texas Hunting Forum

Wireless Game Cameras...

Posted By: DocHorton

Wireless Game Cameras... - 02/18/16 06:37 PM

Looking at getting the Stealthcam wireless game camera that transmits the photos and videos remotely to your cell phone....anybody have any experience with these?

The cameras are pretty pricey and you have to get a monthly data plan...any idea on cost of the data plans?

Opinions and experience appreciated!

Thanks!
Posted By: BrianCook_RanchSales

Re: Wireless Game Cameras... - 02/28/16 07:40 PM

I have a Bushnell Trophy Cam. Great camera! It has an app on your phone where you can change any settings if you want (time, delay, etc...) It costs about $15 a month and gives you blurry picture. And then you can pay a dollar to make them clear if you want, that way it's a little cheaper! Great Cam, willing to answer more questions if you have any!
Posted By: billybob

Re: Wireless Game Cameras... - 03/03/16 04:16 PM

Don't know about the Stealth Cam but I have years of experience with the Covert cams. Make sure you can get at least 2 bars of service where you intend to place it. You can order an extender antenna an it will give you from 1-3 bars. If you go with ATT do not go with the Go Phone plan...they cannot speak english. Stick with a post pay plan. The cost of your plan will range from $20 to $30 per month for unlimited pics. Take you camera down to your carrier's storefront and have them set it up for you. Make sure it is receiving before you leave the store. They will give you a sim card for nothing. Also make sure your carrier accepts messaging to the camera....ATT did at first but discontinued it. I bought a piece of land within 80 mi of Grapevine so I discontinued the wireless capability. It is a thrill to check what was sent but it got to be too much of a hassle keeping it all running.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Wireless Game Cameras... - 03/04/16 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: billybob
If you go with ATT do not go with the Go Phone plan...they cannot speak english. Stick with a post pay plan. The cost of your plan will range from $20 to $30 per month for unlimited pics. Take you camera down to your carrier's storefront and have them set it up for you. Make sure it is receiving before you leave the store. They will give you a sim card for nothing.

Amen brother. I was at the ATT store last night for 2 hours while they undid what the Go Phone people did. mad

What still pisses me off is even with the correct plan, the only way they can give you the passcode to manage the account on-line is to send it via text. The f'in camera can't receive a text, I said that 100 times and they insist there is no other way. soap

Charlie
Posted By: Lone Ranger

Re: Wireless Game Cameras... - 03/13/16 03:43 AM

I currently have 2 Bushnell Trophy Cam wireless and they work great as long as you have cell phone service at the spot where you are placing it. I have had 1 for over a year and the second for 4 months. Each cost me $10 a month for 1000 photos thru Bushnell. They work great and I highly recommend this camera.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum