Texas Hunting Forum

Square toe cowboy boots

Posted By: coolbrze

Square toe cowboy boots - 11/28/15 12:20 AM

Wasn't sure exactly where to post this... Looking for a good pair of square toe cowboy boots, for a ranching (not so much hunting). Who makes a good pair? Thx!
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 11/28/15 02:34 AM

Tony Lama
Anderson Bean
I'd like to try a pair of the American made Justin's
Handmade

You wont catch me in a pair of Ariat or Twisted X boots.
Posted By: ronlhodges

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 11/28/15 04:20 AM

I have a pair of Tony Lamas' I have had for about 6 yrs in Bull hide and narrow round toe (not pointed or round round type) . Only thing I had done is new half soles and heels put on . But they hold up to just rough use pretty well . Never tried any square toed but I could see where they might be comfortable if you have problems with ingrown toenails . However don't be kicking anything hard unless you get some with steel toe if they even make them . Either way I love mine and wear them very often and being plain Bull hide don't have to worry too much if I scar them . You can always buy some black dye and shoe polish to make them look new again wink . One I got are like the ones in this link but I have a smaller riding heel than the ones in this pictures .

https://www.tonylama.com/footwear/men/styles/classic-boots/CT2036
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 11/28/15 04:32 AM

I like my ariats. Comfortable, and less than $200
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 11/28/15 04:36 AM

Artiats here. If not those then Anderson Bean. Anything else just doesn't last for me or isn't comfortable.

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 11/28/15 10:22 PM

Also, my ariats are rubber soled, which for wearing outdoors, I like better.
Posted By: coolbrze

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 11/29/15 03:28 PM

Thanks guys, was looking at a pair of Ariats & a pair of Boulets. Other than the obvious material construction, what's the difference in the rubber sole vs. the reg. sole?
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 11/29/15 09:01 PM

Only boots I buy are anderson bean. Most comfortable boots I have worn and still handmade in texas.

Walter
Posted By: Elpatoloco

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 11/29/15 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: wburke2010
Only boots I buy are anderson bean. Most comfortable boots I have worn and still handmade in texas.

Walter

A good many of Bean Boots are "Hecho in Mexico"

I have an old pair of USA made crepe sole that are most comfortable footwear that I own
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 11/29/15 11:19 PM

Check these from Double H. Got a pair, damn comfy.

http://www.doublehboots.com/Category?sea...eight=&toe=
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 11/30/15 01:35 AM

Arent Ariats made in China? I know its hard to avoid buying chinese these days but geez.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 11/30/15 01:48 AM

I wear Olathe 2215's and 9050's. Not sure if they make sq. toed boots but I won't wear any other brand. Made in Texas.

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 11/30/15 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: jeepercreeper
Arent Ariats made in China? I know its hard to avoid buying chinese these days but geez.

I know its not a popular opinion, but that doesn't bother me. I get a quality boot at a good price.

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 11/30/15 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Elpatoloco

Walter

A good many of Bean Boots are "Hecho in Mexico"

I have an old pair of USA made crepe sole that are most comfortable footwear that I own

That is their horsepower line. The regular beans that I always buy are USA. Have three pairs right now one that are my work boots I had re soled with a thick rubber bottom, and they work great.

Walter
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 11/30/15 04:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
Originally Posted By: jeepercreeper

I know its not a popular opinion, but that doesn't bother me. I get a quality boot at a good price.

I have a picture in my head of chinese people working a in an assembly line of cowboy boots saying to each other "howdy yall" in a crazy accent.
Posted By: DaveTexas

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 11/30/15 04:08 AM

I have Justin square toes.
I have one with leather bottoms and one with heavy duty rubber bottoms.
I wear the rubber bottoms only now .
"square toe work boots" I prefer the no steel / composite toe for comfort
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 11/30/15 05:26 AM

Surprised more people don't wear Olathe, they are a good boot.
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 11/30/15 07:44 PM

for price function and longevity, Ariat and DoubleH are the best IMO.

I have 2 pair of anderson beans and they slide across the dance floor pretty nice, but I'd have to re-sole them like burke to get any work done in them
Posted By: ThreePeppers

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 11/30/15 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Tactical Cowboy
Tony Lama
Anderson Bean
I'd like to try a pair of the American made Justin's
Handmade

You wont catch me in a pair of Ariat or Twisted X boots.

Technically Justin's are "made in America" because the final assembly is done here but the uppers (and possibly everything else) are imported. Not saying there's anything wrong with that just stating a fact. It is quite common for companies to import all of their components and bill their products as made in America because they were assembled here.
Posted By: Phlash

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 12/08/15 02:08 AM

Rod Patrick is a very wellbuiltboot. All leather, no pastboard or plastic. I have four pair and they all have a consistant fit. I have had my work pair re- soled 4 times and the top leather bull hide is still good. They are in the sand and mud quite often. I do clean and saddle soap them on occasion. I have had my dress pair re-soled twice. The other two are still on their original soles. I wear a 14 narrow, so there are few production boot makers still making a boot I can wear.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 12/08/15 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
I like my ariats. Comfortable, and less than $200

Yup
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 12/08/15 07:56 PM

I like Justin. Been wearing them for a few years.
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 12/08/15 08:34 PM

Anderson Bean!!
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 12/08/15 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: coolbrze
Wasn't sure exactly where to post this... Looking for a good pair of square toe cowboy boots, for a ranching (not so much hunting). Who makes a good pair? Thx!

Beck Boots in Amarillo

Only boot I have found that will hold up to feedlot or sale barn.

Thicker leather then your mass produced boots
Posted By: jrg_80

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 12/16/15 12:46 PM

Walter

Listen to this man! I've got a closet full of AB and wear them daily for work, play, and dress......most comfortable boots there are for my feet, and I've got them all to compare to(Justin, Luchesse, Ariat, Red Wing, etc etc)! Do yourself and your feet a favor and try a pair *NOT THE HORSEPOWER LINE* btw, get true Anderson Beans

jrg
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 12/16/15 02:56 PM

I have had wolverines, Rocky, Justin, and now wearing ariats. When the ariats are done I will be going back to Rocky. Out of the ones I have tried they were better by a good margin both in comfort and longevity.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 12/17/15 03:26 AM

Used to buy Justins until they became made in China.

Ariats fell apart the fastest.

Double H, U.S. made and last a year and a half. That's six months longer than every other brand I've tried. Never tried Anderson Bean, but I need to.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 12/17/15 11:38 PM

Double H. I have two pair and they're great.
Posted By: Sprman

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 12/18/15 03:10 PM

Walter

some are made in Texas and some are made down in Mexico. I have a couple pairs of each and both are good, but the Texas made ones are a little more comfortable!

Anderson Bean is a damn good boot either way.

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 12/25/15 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Sprman

Walter

some are made in Texas and some are made down in Mexico. I have a couple pairs of each and both are good, but the Texas made ones are a little more comfortable!

Anderson Bean is a damn good boot either way.

Yeah the Mexico made boots are the horsepower line. I stay away from them and only buy the American Anderson bean models. Just got a new pair a couple months ago and also had the pair I've had for a few years resoled again. The new ones for just a nice as my old broken in ones. Can't go wrong with a pair of Anderson beans.

Walter
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 12/25/15 05:38 AM

You only get one pair of feet, buy the boot that fits the best. I don't want to spend a week breaking them in. Not because of the price, where they are made or even what store sells them. I don't even care if they only last half as long as a cheaper pair. I want comfort from the get go. up
Posted By: bradtown

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 01/01/16 02:56 AM

BlackJack built in El Paso.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Square toe cowboy boots - 01/01/16 07:20 PM

Walter likes them AB's for chasin booty..... cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum