Texas Hunting Forum

Game cam picture viewer

Posted By: TXHuntFish4

Game cam picture viewer - 11/27/15 05:40 PM

Has anyone here found a better solution to look at your game cam pictures? I currently use my laptop but would rather use something smaller and easier to transport to the lease. I've seen the wildgame innovations viewer but it's too small of a screen. They also have a larger version but it's over 100 dollars. Is there a tablet with a 7 inch or larger screen that costs around 75 bucks and can view pictures on an SD card? Thanks
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Game cam picture viewer - 11/27/15 05:48 PM

If you have an iPad or tablet you can buy an SD card reader for them for pretty cheap. Other than that, the WGI viewer is probably the cheapest game in town.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Game cam picture viewer - 11/27/15 06:47 PM

Electronic picture frame works. You just can't choose when it changes pictures as easily.
Posted By: LumberKat

Re: Game cam picture viewer - 11/27/15 07:10 PM

iPad and/or iPhone with an SD card reader
Posted By: Texas Fight

Re: Game cam picture viewer - 11/28/15 04:20 PM

iPad reader for me too. My iPhone however says its unsupported
Posted By: kmartinusa

Re: Game cam picture viewer - 11/28/15 04:38 PM

A couple of years ago I used a card reader attached to my iPad but quickly abandoned this method because it downloaded ALL of the pictures to my device, causing me to have to manually delete each and every picture from my phone or iPad. Deleting pictures took a ridiculous amount of time.

Is this still the case? If there's a way to simply view the pictures on the card without downloading every one of them, I'll go back to this.
Posted By: Westtexan1

Re: Game cam picture viewer - 11/28/15 04:44 PM

I use a cheap digital camera with a display.
Posted By: HEH

Re: Game cam picture viewer - 11/28/15 04:54 PM

You have to download the pics to the iPad, but deleting is not too bad. You can swipe many photos quickly in the select mode for a fast delete
Posted By: BOONER

Re: Game cam picture viewer - 11/28/15 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Westtexan1
I use a cheap digital camera with a display.

This!
Posted By: Sarpup

Re: Game cam picture viewer - 11/28/15 08:35 PM

Found a wireless card reader at Walmart. Small enough to drop in pocket and just need app on whatever want to use. I'll usephone in the field for a quick look, tablet at camp, and hook to computer at home. Simple, versital, and easy to carry.
Posted By: KPHILLIP

Re: Game cam picture viewer - 12/08/15 03:41 AM

I agree with Westtexan1 I used a cheap digital camera it was awesome. i got my pics without wondering about damaging my tablet, or computer.
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: Game cam picture viewer - 12/08/15 04:26 PM

I just bought the Wildgame viewer a few days ago. I used it once so far and like pretty well.
Posted By: HLo

Re: Game cam picture viewer - 12/22/15 11:49 AM

I use an inexpensive lap top computer from Wall Mart. Way better than picture viewer and no automatic downloading on I-Pad mini. And can even use the computer for other things when wifi available.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum