Texas Hunting Forum

GAME CAMERAS- WGI

Posted By: Mr. Clean

GAME CAMERAS- WGI - 11/23/15 07:56 PM

So the second of three Wild Game Innovations cameras I got crapped out, then the two new ones I got proceeded to print what was like Japanese on my SD cards with no readable pics, I made sure I had SD Cards that were formatted, put new ones in, left the cameras out for two weeks and NADA! I am fed up with WGI's JUNK, Everything I have ever bought from them, breaks in the first 30 days, or lasts less than a year. Is it just me?! realmad popcorn
Posted By: jbd76266

Re: GAME CAMERAS- WGI - 11/23/15 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean
So the second of three Wild Game Innovations cameras I got crapped out, then the two new ones I got proceeded to print what was like Japanese on my SD cards with no readable pics, I made sure I had SD Cards that were formatted, put new ones in, left the cameras out for two weeks and NADA! I am fed up with WGI's JUNK, Everything I have ever bought from them, breaks in the first 30 days, or lasts less than a year. Is it just me?! realmad popcorn

Had that happen on some Primos I had. Did it once and then went away though. Bad timing for sure
Posted By: BourbonLegend

Re: GAME CAMERAS- WGI - 11/23/15 08:05 PM

I'm on year 5 with my reconyx's no issues at all.
Posted By: Fat Tire

Re: GAME CAMERAS- WGI - 11/23/15 08:20 PM

I quit buying them after I had 2 go out in less than a year and called customer service after reading great reviews of the customer service dept. on here. They told me that there was nothing they could do for me without the original receipts.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: GAME CAMERAS- WGI - 11/23/15 09:44 PM

Hunks of %$#!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: GAME CAMERAS- WGI - 11/23/15 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Hunks of %$#!

I don't use game cams any more....prefer to be surprised by what shows up while I'm there....when I had cams out all the "big bucks" always showed up at a different stand than the one I was in at the time.....now I live by the old adage "ignorance is bliss!"

cheers Makes for a much more peaceful and relaxing hunting season.....look for signs and hunt the signs...see what shows up!
Posted By: LG

Re: GAME CAMERAS- WGI - 11/23/15 09:57 PM

I have the old style cudde back and have not had any issues at all with it..FYI
Posted By: JCB

Re: GAME CAMERAS- WGI - 11/23/15 09:59 PM

WGI and Moultrie are the top 2 I stay away from.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: GAME CAMERAS- WGI - 11/23/15 10:13 PM

Hunks of %$#!

Are you sure you're allowed to post this on this forum?
Posted By: JCB

Re: GAME CAMERAS- WGI - 11/23/15 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
Hunks of %$#!

Are you sure you're allowed to post this on this forum?

You should report him.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: GAME CAMERAS- WGI - 11/23/15 10:23 PM

I'm trying Browning this time, none of the other brands I've tried have lasted much more than a year. Primos was decent for the cost. Weirdest thing is that they all break while they aren't being used and there's no batteries in them... There must be a logical explanation as to why they break while resting.
Posted By: jskin

Re: GAME CAMERAS- WGI - 11/23/15 10:32 PM

Going on over a year with 2 of the $99 Browning 8mp cams. They are regular $119 but I got them on sale. They are top notch perfect pics and no problems whatsoever. Easy to program as well.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: GAME CAMERAS- WGI - 11/23/15 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Hunks of %$#!

I don't use game cams any more....prefer to be surprised by what shows up while I'm there....when I had cams out all the "big bucks" always showed up at a different stand than the one I was in at the time.....now I live by the old adage "ignorance is bliss!"

cheers Makes for a much more peaceful and relaxing hunting season.....look for signs and hunt the signs...see what shows up!

I'm not far from that Amigo...

Lovie still puts them out but we all know all 4.5-5.5 go nocturnal and get scared to see there reflection getting a drink of water rofl
Posted By: Tbar

Re: GAME CAMERAS- WGI - 11/23/15 11:36 PM

I have bought exactly two WG cameras.........they are now serve as dummy cameras.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: GAME CAMERAS- WGI - 11/24/15 12:41 AM

Quote:
I'm on year 5 with my reconyx's no issues at all.

The problem with this is that those 5 year old models are not made anymore. I have seen problems with every brand I have owned from $50 cameras to $350 cameras. For some brands, it seems that a line of models will be good, but not necessarily any other line. With others, it may be camera by camera that is good or bad.
Posted By: GUTIT

Re: GAME CAMERAS- WGI - 11/24/15 02:18 AM

Remember that one I had at my tower blind that pulled that crap twice when we were trying to pattern that big buck? They sent me a new one , same thing. That night we were having a few drinks and I smashed it on my porch.

You may not remember as you could barely drive the pathfinder thru the lease to your side. Hehehehehe

They are in Grand Prairie if you want to go see them and give them the Ol' Clean one two.

I hate them too Amigo.
Posted By: Auctioneer1

Re: GAME CAMERAS- WGI - 11/24/15 02:44 AM

Just bought the Browning Strike Force will let you know how they work.
Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: GAME CAMERAS- WGI - 11/30/15 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: GUTIT

You may not remember as you could barely drive the pathfinder thru the lease to your side. Hehehehehe

Yea, I remember!! LMAO! I am taking all three back to ACADEMY tomorrow, two with receipts and one without....I will advise on my experience!!!
Posted By: Western

Re: GAME CAMERAS- WGI - 11/30/15 10:40 AM

Hunks of %$#!

X's 2

Originally Posted By: Auctioneer1
Just bought the Browning Strike Force will let you know how they work.

Have a couple and they are great, don't care for the "black ops" model though,, Strike Force is great and at a decent price.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum