Texas Hunting Forum

Wildgame Innovations Cam

Posted By: TruTexican

Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/16/15 06:44 PM

Does anyone use these and do you get any pics that aren't blurry? I bought one this year and not a cheap one. One of their higher end cameras. I have yet to get a quality pic from this thing. Blurry and not very many pics at all. Have been sitting in the blind watching deer in the pen for 45 minutes and then, no dang pics. I usually use Bushnell Trophy Cams and love those, but they didn't have any when I bought this one back in the summer. Just wanting to know if it's this particular cam or the brand in general.
Posted By: jsplinter

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/16/15 07:01 PM

I picked up two of them this year and I am getting pictures but very blurry, especially at night
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/16/15 11:07 PM

I think they're pretty much junk. But so are a lot of the others.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/16/15 11:24 PM

I heard too many bad reviews. I went with a Browning and I have been happy so far.
Posted By: diablodog

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/17/15 12:28 AM

I have two . One is just ok , but the other takes photos like a high dollar 35mm camera . They are postcard quality . I have some other more costly game cams , I have had as many problems with some of the expensive one as the cheap ones . Most all are made in China , so it is a crapshoot .
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/17/15 12:36 AM

I've got one that is on it's fourth year and so far it's been flawless. I had two of them but can only guess what the second one is doing since some low life bastage stole it. realmad
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/17/15 12:52 AM

I bought the cheapest WG cameras I could find online. I was concerned about some lowlife stealing them. Sense the camera is so cheap they just steal my SD cards. bang
I have several WG cameras, they all work good. Picture quality isn't the greatest at night, but they get the job done.
Posted By: diablodog

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/17/15 01:33 PM

They shot one of mine . Looks like .223 ,went through the front , nicked a battery and blew the door off . Holding the door on with tape now , it still works .
Posted By: Texasrebel649

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/17/15 05:14 PM

I have a WG camera that I purchased almost 5 yrs ago. Its still works flawlessly. I had to replace the pir sensor cover two yrs ago, but other than that its been great. With that said I bought a new one this year that takes great day pics, but the night pics are hit and miss. The battery consumption on both has been relatively good on all my WG cameras. I would say almost as good of battery life as in my Bushnell trophy cam.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/17/15 09:02 PM

Posted By: Western

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/18/15 12:57 AM

rofl
Posted By: passthru

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/18/15 01:07 AM

I've wasted money on a few of their products.

Although the solar panels are decent.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/18/15 01:15 AM

I've owned three of their cameras. All three died within a year.
Posted By: Western

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/18/15 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: passthru
I've owned three of their cameras. All three died within a year.

Ditto.

What is bad, I bought a "2 pack" and went back for a 3rd 2 days later. Longest one lasted almost 12 months, battery life was horrendous for me. Bought a couple Browning Strike Forces and never looked back.
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/18/15 02:43 PM

Even their deer corn is bad. It is not clean at all, it would stop the crap out of a feeder!!!
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/18/15 03:20 PM

I bought a WGI camera less than a year ago with a gift card I got from work and it quit working just before opening day. Battery life was terrible and night time pictures were so blurry you could barely distinguish bucks from does. IMO they're nothing but junk.
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/18/15 06:17 PM

Definitely better cameras on the market but I bought mine on sale at Academy for $49.99. Batteries last about a month at 600-800 pics per week on high resolution. Pics are pretty good.. I have no complains for what I paid! Sometimes I get pretty good pics of the feeder throwing corn.

Posted By: jakebunch

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/18/15 10:31 PM

they are awful, simply awful, based on my experience.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/19/15 02:19 AM

What on God's green earth is going on with that deers rack

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/19/15 03:44 AM

Haha I posted pics of him in the deer hunting section. General consensus is Injury while in velvet.. probly during the summer. He's my Fiance's target buck this year.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/19/15 08:47 AM

I sure see a lot of pictures posted on this forum from WG cameras

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/19/15 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher

And a month later a lot of complaints about them not working right

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/19/15 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: rickym
Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher

And a month later a lot of complaints about them not working right

Hold your horses fella........

.......I'm on month three goin strong! roflmao

Truth is, I bought one, got out to the ranch just to find out it didn't work bang ! Had to take it back and exchange for a new one, this one's worked fine! Only complaint is I spend about $10/month on AA batteries. SO..... by this time next year, IF it's still taking pics, I'll have the most expensive trail cam on the market!

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/19/15 10:33 PM

Okay so you were on round 2 before you ever got started, trust me your current one is nothing but a ticking time bomb. I'm not saying that they are trash, I've even considered getting a cheap one to watch down a 4 wheeler trail to see what animals use it, but I don't think the camera is worth the money. If your real worried about it getting stolen then sure, which by all accounts I worry about mine in E Texas, but I'll stick with the Browning strike force with a steel box bolted to the tree.

It's personal preference really. Trust me I didn't exactly like the price tag on the Browning but after reading a lot of reviews on different cameras I bought the Browning after last deer season.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/19/15 10:43 PM

And before y'all jump on me for not having personal experience with a WG camera, I have a father, grandfather, and an uncle that have all bought a WG camera in the last 2 years and the one bought this summer is still working but we've had to tinker with it, the others are dead. Haven't had one last more than 11 months yet
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/19/15 10:46 PM

Whats your camera angle look like? how far away is the camera and do you have any pics off of it you can share?

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/19/15 10:51 PM

iv used a lot of different cameras and now use one of the cheapest ones on the market not the WV but iv had one of those also.. these cheap ones I use now last just as long as the others iv used.. how long has the camera been out? has moisture got into it? corrosion showing? lenses look clean?

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/20/15 01:41 PM

Nav, I'm not sure if your asking me those questions or someone else. My camera is mounted 4 1/2 feet off the ground and is only about 12' feet from the feeder as the lane is only 20' wide. It doesn't get much light especially at night. Yes I have pictures I could share but I use my phone not a computer and can't post them from my phone.
The camera has been out since February and doesn't seem to have gotten moisture in it, can't see any corrosion.

Like I said before it's personal preference. The OP said he bought one of the more expensive WG cameras, to me those aren't worth the money when I can get the Browning for close to the same money

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/20/15 02:45 PM

Yeah I was wondering what the ops pics looked like

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/20/15 04:14 PM

Okay so you were on round 2 before you ever got started, trust me your current one is nothing but a ticking time bomb. I'm not saying that they are trash, I've even considered getting a cheap one to watch down a 4 wheeler trail to see what animals use it, but I don't think the camera is worth the money. If your real worried about it getting stolen then sure, which by all accounts I worry about mine in E Texas, but I'll stick with the Browning strike force with a steel box bolted to the tree.

It's personal preference really. Trust me I didn't exactly like the price tag on the Browning but after reading a lot of reviews on different cameras I bought the Browning after last deer season.

Yes, on round 2. Hopefully you're picking up my sarcasm when I talk about being on month three. I know they suck.. before this year I had never used one. Saw that one on sale at academy for $50 and decided it's time I play like the big boys. Having had it all season, makes me wonder why I never got one sooner.. they're pretty cool! Down the road I'll definitely have to upgrade.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/20/15 04:16 PM

Like I said though, takes pretty good pics, battery life sucks, but I have no basis for comparison

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/20/15 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Yes, on round 2. Hopefully you're picking up my sarcasm when I talk about being on month three. I know they suck.. before this year I had never used one. Saw that one on sale at academy for $50 and decided it's time I play like the big boys. Having had it all season, makes me wonder why I never got one sooner.. they're pretty cool! Down the road I'll definitely have to upgrade.

I have a few WG cameras that are at least three years old, some that are four years.
I am actually amazed at the stories that guys have of them not lasting very long. I must be the exception to the rule.
The batteries on the older ones only last about 1 1/2 months, the newer ones about 2-3 months.
I went cheap several years ago when I bought a $200 camera that died in a year. I figured even if the WG camera pooped out in a year, I could buy a new one every year for the next four years and come out okay. I am way ahead.
Posted By: jsplinter

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/20/15 07:23 PM

I finally got my first good non fuzzy night pictures of some deer. I think the reason the others may have been fuzzy could be the deer were still in stride. These pics seem to be stationary over a block I placed

versus this older one where I think he was walking when it snapped the pic

Re: Wildgame Innovations Cam - 11/21/15 11:30 PM

Very familiar pic.. Have a lot like that one. Funny... sometimes I get a perfect still of corn falling from the feeder but a deer walking is fuzzy. Probly the IR pics have slower exposure. Regardless.. Not bad for $50
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum