Texas Hunting Forum

Trail cam question

Posted By: whitewing maniac

Trail cam question - 11/10/15 07:15 PM

I have the stealth cam model STC-G42NG.
It takes great daytime pics, but with the night pics, if deer are around 10 feet or less from cam they are bright white pics.

I use the quick set 1 or 2 on my cam. Is there something on the custom setting that will fix the problem, or just move the cam further back?

Thanks for any help that can be offered.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Trail cam question - 11/10/15 07:17 PM

Set your camera higher and point it down.. think there is a low setting too.. iv tried everything with my stealth and still gona get a few white pics.. keeping the lenses clean is big too.. hard to with a lot of moisture though.

Re: Trail cam question - 11/10/15 08:28 PM

Thanks nav, will raise and angle it to start with. I wipe lenses every weekend I'm there, the deer that are further out from cam look fine.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Trail cam question - 11/10/15 08:41 PM

I have those same cameras and so far I haven't experienced your issue. I've been using Q1 and Q2 so far. What do you have the blur set on?

Re: Trail cam question - 11/10/15 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
I have those same cameras and so far I haven't experienced your issue. I've been using Q1 and Q2 so far. What do you have the blur set on?

I'm not sure, thought that was just for the custom setting and it didn't matter what the setting was for quick set. Did I read into that wrong? I know in custom settings it has standard and advanced, what's yours on?
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Trail cam question - 11/11/15 08:22 PM

The STC-G42NG is a longer flash range camera, so it is no wonder that it sounds like you are getting overexposure from reflected light for big objects (deer) up close. Try like Navasot says and try positioning your camera from a higher vantage point. That should reduce the amount of light reflected back to the camera.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum