Texas Hunting Forum

Gadget to improve hunting accuracy

Posted By: pertnear

Gadget to improve hunting accuracy - 11/10/15 05:00 PM

When I was a youngster I was a pretty good shot under any circumstance. Now I'm an old fart & my hunting accuracy requires a rest - a good rest! I shoot best when I have at least two points of contact holding the rifle, like an elbow on a shelf or sill. Since I hunt mostly in blinds I added a slide-clamp to my hunting bag. Heck I may go back to neck shots!...LOL

FWIW

Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Gadget to improve hunting accuracy - 11/10/15 05:13 PM

Man... good call! I was wondering about this sitting in the blind this weekend! I have an elbow rest if i'm sitting on the right side, but I was thinking about a hinge-type system to pull up before the shot For someone sitting on the left side. This looks like it would work great!
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Gadget to improve hunting accuracy - 11/10/15 05:20 PM

couple of beers
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Gadget to improve hunting accuracy - 11/10/15 05:55 PM

a little aimin' fluid never hurts
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Gadget to improve hunting accuracy - 11/10/15 06:19 PM

I like that and its such little cost to try it out, I'm getting one this week at harbor freight to take to the stand. Thank you for the insight.
Posted By: djs303

Re: Gadget to improve hunting accuracy - 11/10/15 07:34 PM

That's a good idea. I think I am going to try that too. Thanks for the info.
Posted By: ThreePeppers

Re: Gadget to improve hunting accuracy - 11/10/15 09:18 PM

That's a great idea. People don't realize how important that right (or left) elbow can be. I hunt out of 4x6 blinds with my kids and basically set them up with one shooter position (which is the right for them) and one observer position (which is me on the left). Also, a lot of people seem to position their shooting windows perpendicular to the target line. I always try to go 45 degrees to get a good brace on the elbow.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Gadget to improve hunting accuracy - 11/10/15 09:21 PM

I have shelves on the side below the windows for that reason.. can also sit in the office chair sideways and rest my arm on the top of the chair...
Posted By: BigRon

Re: Gadget to improve hunting accuracy - 11/10/15 09:28 PM

Good tip
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: Gadget to improve hunting accuracy - 11/11/15 08:43 PM

I like that.....I like that a lot. I already have some of those in my garage.

Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Dude Lebowski

Re: Gadget to improve hunting accuracy - 11/15/15 06:42 PM

Does it stay rigid or tend to push down when you rest on it? How long is the quick-grip?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum