Texas Hunting Forum

Bison Coolers

Posted By: H-Town Hunter

Bison Coolers - 10/21/15 05:02 AM

Anyone have a bison? Heard they are a great product but was wondering how an owner of one really likes them. Compared to a yeti how is it? As much as i like yetis I love how Bison is made in the USA but if im gonna drop that much on a cooler i want it to be worth it! Thanks guys.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Bison Coolers - 10/21/15 11:46 AM

I have a Pelican. I like the latches much better. But, full disclosure - I've been designated a "Yeti aggressor" by some whack-jobs on here.

Bison is neat in that you're supporting a Texas company.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Bison Coolers - 10/21/15 12:38 PM

Grizzly is made in the US
Icehole is a TX company also made in the US.

I'd rock what ever you could get best deal on.
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Bison Coolers - 10/21/15 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
I'd rock what ever you could get best deal on.

This. All rotos are pretty much the same. Go with the cheapest or the one that has the options you like best.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Bison Coolers - 10/21/15 03:01 PM

I really like the Handles better on my Bison than Yeti...There office is right down the road from me and a Super Great Group!! Highly recommend them...But as BoBo stated, shop around all Roto's are close in performance..
I will use Bison moving forward just because they are home town guys...Good Luck
Posted By: Bison Coolers

Re: Bison Coolers - 10/21/15 03:55 PM

Most roto-molded coolers will have similar performance. The biggest differentiator is basically going to be price point and features. We offer custom lid graphics, [url=https://www.bisoncoolers.com/categories/lid-graphics/][/url] a built-in ruler, dual drain plugs, open grab handles for securing the cooler and true to size capacity (e.g., Bison 100 = 100 quarts vs. Y's 100 = 84 quarts).

We're typically a significant amount cheaper than the competition. You can use coupon code TEXASHUNTING to save $15 on any hard cooler.

http://www.bisoncoolers.com/

Thanks,
Jeremy
Posted By: TXW

Re: Bison Coolers - 10/21/15 04:25 PM

I believe Bison is the new name of the old Brute coolers. Have heard really good things about the Brute's before the name change.
Posted By: N.Tx

Re: Bison Coolers - 10/21/15 05:35 PM

I have a 50qt and it's awesome. Holds ice just as well as a yeti
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Bison Coolers - 10/21/15 06:06 PM

I have 70 qt no complaints.
Posted By: wkh2213

Re: Bison Coolers - 10/28/15 11:24 PM

I'm a dealer for Bison and Taiga
I also own both brands.
Both are similar in performance, but Taiga is tougher.
Taiga is made in TX, Veteran owned, and has a lifetime warranty.
Posted By: B-Man

Re: Bison Coolers - 11/16/15 04:59 PM

Go Bison. Love my 75 qt.
Posted By: Bison Coolers

Re: Bison Coolers - 11/17/15 01:49 PM

Thanks B-Man! We appreciate the support!

For those of you shopping for a new roto-molded cooler, you can use coupon code TEXASHUNTING at www.BisonCoolers.com to save $15 on any hard cooler.
Posted By: Elliot

Re: Bison Coolers - 11/19/15 06:36 PM

I owned 2 bison coolers. Down to one now because my father decided he needed my other one more than I did. I hunt with a bunch of Yeti owners and I haven't seen any difference in ice retention that would cause me to shell out the extra money for a snow monster.

Plus, Bison coolers REALLY stepped up and donated to our Thursday night kayak tourneys. Thanks Jeremy and crew!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum