Texas Hunting Forum

Flashlight Help

Posted By: henryranchoutfitters

Flashlight Help - 09/11/15 06:20 AM

I am looking for a flashlight. Not sure if color matters yet. It needs to be super bright and last a long time. Preferably charges in the truck. What do you have? What do you suggest? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Flashlight Help - 09/11/15 06:21 AM

Streamlight

I have been very impressed with mine.
Posted By: redseal

Re: Flashlight Help - 09/11/15 10:27 AM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
Streamlight

I have been very impressed with mine.

x2
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Flashlight Help - 09/11/15 01:15 PM

X3 for streamlight
Posted By: GOLDSTEIN

Re: Flashlight Help - 09/11/15 03:17 PM

x4, but I prefer the Streamlight Stinger LED
Posted By: hkmp5s

Re: Flashlight Help - 09/11/15 10:32 PM

I like jetbeam.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Flashlight Help - 09/12/15 03:16 AM

Streamlight! Best for the money. But I can't stand a rechargeable flashlight. It seems as if the battery doesn't hold a charge, when not in use, to justify the added cost. Plus, 1 replacement battery for rechargeable can sure buy a lot of CR123 batteries.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Flashlight Help - 09/12/15 08:03 AM

Fenix gets my bias vote. They're free from my company lizard
Posted By: James A

Re: Flashlight Help - 09/13/15 01:36 AM

Streamlight
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Flashlight Help - 09/13/15 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: BigPig
Streamlight! Best for the money. But I can't stand a rechargeable flashlight. It seems as if the battery doesn't hold a charge, when not in use, to justify the added cost. Plus, 1 replacement battery for rechargeable can sure buy a lot of CR123 batteries.

Agree on not using rechargeable. Rechargeables are fine for standing on the porch, walking to the barn or poaching at night, but who wants to have to head back in because the battery is dead or who wants to wait while you go back for a recharge and then return. I want to dump those batteries and insert some new fresh batteries and continue on in 2 minutes or less. JMO

Also, what is "super bright" to you??
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Flashlight Help - 09/13/15 09:23 PM

No issues with streamlight rechargeable they use a pack and you can buy an extra pack just like you could C cells or AA. High is 640 Lm. Hell I put a red filter and hunt totes with it.

For a head lamp I use a zebra it's 960 Lm on high. It uses a rechargeable 18650 battery. No different back battery wise then any thing else. Little more up front cost is about all
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Flashlight Help - 09/13/15 11:12 PM

I understand the extra pack, but then I need an extra pack for the truck, atv, mule, house, tractor and anywhere I might be. I prefer to run a brush hog at night, cooler and more relaxing. Notice I said JMO. And I don't have to return for a pack if I leave it in the cabin or ATV, get back home before noticing my mistake. I can just buy a more batteries. Course if I hunted a lot of "totes" I might want a generator with halogen spotlights. cheers
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: Flashlight Help - 09/14/15 02:31 PM

Stream light makes good lights. But Magellan also makes a little great flashlight.
Posted By: duckbill

Re: Flashlight Help - 09/14/15 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Hell I put a red filter and hunt totes with it.

What's the biggest tote you've bagged with that light? 500 gallon? roflmao
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum