Texas Hunting Forum

SD card ready

Posted By: hoof n wings

SD card ready - 08/10/15 02:42 AM

Anyone try one of the Wild Game Innovations' card readers yet? I know their cameras don't seem to last long, just wondering if someone had tried the reader yet Like to get something like this to check cards while Im at the lease in case something is wrong or be able to move cameras around.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: SD card ready - 08/10/15 02:50 AM

Not the one from Wildgame, had a Moultrie card reader lasted about 18 months. I think Best Buy has a cord/device you can attach to a I-phone 6 that enables you to read sd cards.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: SD card ready - 08/10/15 03:57 AM

There is a card reader for android devices I know if, but haven't seen one for iPhone. I may need to do some more looking...

Re: SD card ready - 08/11/15 12:35 AM

My S5 supposedly has one, but you have to take the sim card out, not looking to do it 2-3 times a week during season

Re: SD card ready - 08/11/15 12:35 AM

Does anyone know if tablets will take a sim card?
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: SD card ready - 08/11/15 10:58 AM

Just bought my first tablet and wondering the same thing.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: SD card ready - 08/11/15 11:50 AM

I tried buying a little Hipster brand multi-reader doohickie that plugs into my android. Wasn't to easy to figure out, so I just bought a Samsung combo pack reader, one is a USB converter and one is for an SD card. Easier to use on my older Samsung tablet.
Posted By: Tru2lifetaxidermy

Re: SD card ready - 08/11/15 01:46 PM

Best buy has sd readers for iPads I have one and they work great
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: SD card ready - 08/11/15 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: hoof n wings
Does anyone know if tablets will take a sim card?

I have a Surface Pro II and bought a thumb drive size USB chip reader and can view my game cam SD Sims on my tablet.
Posted By: spro

Re: SD card ready - 08/18/15 07:00 PM

I have been using one of the Wild Game readers for about a year now. For the price its not bad. Only complaint is pics are a little to dark and difficult to see in the daylight. Nice to have though when you want to get an idea of whats coming in and erase your card if needed while at the lease.
Posted By: hetman

Re: SD card ready - 08/20/15 12:33 PM

I have one of the wildgame viewer's - works well for what it is and allows you to erase the card - also has a usb input to hook up to camera without removing card from camera (never use it) also has a small diameter single round video output plug to hook to a TV( cord did not come in the package, will see if I can find one at best buy)

MY home computers(win 7/64bit) will not read the wildgame SD cards ,think the cards must be Fat32 or fat16 formatted but I had a old ebook tablet that has sd card slots and it reads them fine & it also has a usb/wifi output so I can transfer them to my home computers also.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum