Texas Hunting Forum

Browning Strike Force HD Camera

Posted By: aeb

Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 05/26/15 01:41 AM

Anyone have one? Experience?
Posted By: Western

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 05/26/15 11:59 AM

I have one and it is the best one I have had for some time, great photos and will reach out in the dark big time. I don't think you can do better for the money. Battery life is crazy good and it straps right to a tree with the 6' strap, set up in about 1 minute.

Avoid the Dark Ops models, have one of those as well and it has horrible night photos when animals are moving bang I even read that on reviews that the DO is best used for surveillance like a shop door or what not.

I read the reviews and technical review at
http://www.trailcampro.com/browningstrikeforcereview.aspx

Liked the extra 1 year warranty and free SD card, so paid an extra 10 bucks.

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 05/26/15 12:04 PM

This is a night photo, notice the buck to the right, that tree is about 28 yards from the camera. Also notice the brush line across the plot behind him, that is over 200' and still gets go IR flash. They arent like a color photo, but not bad for IR and $129

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 05/27/15 04:40 PM

Thanks for the info. Have a couple on the way. Will give them a test.
Posted By: rseveer63

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 05/30/15 06:13 AM

The only complaint I had was programming it. The manual seemed confusing to me on set up instructions, I'm sure it had nothing to do with the operator. Nor was I familiar with the settings and what would be optimal in the field. Each time I tried to scroll through the menu it would take a picture of my ugly mug. I put it out in the field last week, so I am anxious to see what type of pictures I'm getting, and how the batteries did. I'll let you know. I do have a question though, when I looked at test pictures on my computer it opened them up in windows paint, is there a better way to view pictures?

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 05/30/15 10:53 AM

I use the SD disk and look at the pics from there, then I format the SD for the next swap. I have mine set for 1 minute between photos and set to the highest quality.
Posted By: Sick Train

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 06/05/15 05:20 PM

How far are you guys placing the camera from your feeder?

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 06/06/15 09:15 AM

Farthest I have had mine is approximately 20'. When I moved my feeder, I had a tree to use that is about 12-15'

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 06/25/15 02:26 AM

A pair of BTC-5HD's straight out of the box. This is all I get at night. Am I missing something? Is there a setting that turns the night illumination on/off or did I do a double strike out. I suspect it is cockpit trouble!

Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 06/25/15 04:24 PM

The one I have very sensitive. I have it up on a T-Post and have to tie it down tight, otherwise if the wind blows it will snap off pics.

There is a red-tailed hawk that lives around my lease. He likes to sit on the t-post. Whenever he is up there shaking it around the camera snaps off pictures.

I would guess your camera just snapped a pic with nothing there, could be wrong though.

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 06/25/15 04:51 PM

The feeder is about 15 feet from the camera. All night pictures are just like that one. Deer and coons hitting the feeder but no images. The feeder doesn't even show up in the picture. Same at both locations. Need to go back and check the cameras settings but not sure what I may have set wrong. Was curious if anyone else has made the same mistake.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 06/25/15 09:27 PM

I have one that takes great day and night pics. I have mine set on 8mp depending what yours is set at if its to low it isnt gonna help with night photos.
Check that the light for the flash is working correctly.
Other than that, send it back to them

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 06/26/15 11:06 AM

All your photos like this? What about daytime photos? Is there a protective cover over the lens?

I run mine on full 10mp, super daytime photos and great night photos on the red glow model, the Black ops takes super daytime and crappy night photos. Only time I get photos like what you posted is when it is foggy. All I did with mine was put in batteries, set for 1 min intervals for photos and turned them on.

Like I said previously, I have the Strike force models and a Black Ops model
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 06/26/15 11:45 AM

aeb... have you formatted the SD card to the camera?

could also be that the cameras don't like that brand of SD cards.

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 06/26/15 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Pope&Young

Good point,
I have never had a problem with and SD card, but have heard some have. IIRC, some TC's can only use certian ones as well, don't think the Brownings are that picky though. I have had some SD cards fail, but usually get nothing on them.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 06/26/15 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Pope&Young

And this. I have to use sandisk or kingston sd cards in mine.

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 06/26/15 01:40 PM

A sequence of shots illustrating what the camera is doing.

1. Lots of normal shots during the day.
2. Deer triggered the camera in low light but IR not activating.
3. Typical result at night when activated by coon or deer.

Both cameras doing the same thing. That is why I thought I might have a setting wrong. Hard to believe that I got two duds at the same time but QC on cheap game cameras, as we well know, is non-existent.

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 06/26/15 05:38 PM

Browning advises me that there is a software update for my problem. Will advise how it goes.

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 06/29/15 03:25 PM

Aeb did it work? popcorn
Posted By: pervis

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 07/01/15 09:19 PM

I've got 3 of these cams that work great, it will snap pics if the wind blows, have mine mounted on mesquite trees 50 or so feet from my feeders

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 07/05/15 12:45 AM

Did the software update. Placed both of the cameras back in service. Pulled cards today. No change. Still have the same problem with night pictures. Apparently Browning is aware of problems with "some" of the BT5-HD's but has not yet found the solution. Will pull the cameras and redo the update to make sure I got a good installation of the patch. Becoming frustrated!
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 07/05/15 01:19 AM

The 2 black flashes I bought have soured me on Browning cameras. I figure that they know they are selling a piece of junk.

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 07/05/15 11:50 AM

The "black flash", or Black Op's cameras, are recommended for surveillance more than hunting from what I have read. I have one and it takes great daytime photos, but at night at distance, not good for game IMO due to the photo quality. If I had it watching the door at my shop, I could see it doing it's job at close range.

"black flash" will be less than stellar in any case just due to the loss of light and exposure. When I switched to red flash, It took a bit to get used to, not having nighttime photos in color, but now I like them. I have the Strike force cameras and love them, the red glow does no more harm to my deer than how they react to the cameras after I have pulled the card and they smell the camera.

Next camera I ever get will be the Strike force red glow without a doubt.

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 07/05/15 05:07 PM

Aeb, I'm not sure which ones you got, I know you said "BT5-HD's", but when I look on the website, it gives several models.

I think I would cut my losses, return those and order the Strike Force red glow's from trailcampro if it where me, just for the extra 1 year warranty.

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 07/05/15 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Western
Aeb, I'm not sure which ones you got, I know you said "BT5-HD's", but when I look on the website, it gives several models.

I think I would cut my losses, return those and order the Strike Force red glow's from trailcampro if it where me, just for the extra 1 year warranty.

The BT5-HD is the current Strike Force red glow camera. My test pair came from Trailcampro. Willing to give Browning a chance to correct the problem but certainly would not recommend the model until they get the bugs worked out.

Strike Force 2015

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 07/05/15 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Western
Next camera I ever get will be the Strike force red glow without a doubt.

Had the same idea until I bought a pair of them! grin

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 07/05/15 09:09 PM

I got ya. Mine are early 14 models and work top notch right out of the box. I don't recall the "zero blur" on mine, that mus be new and what the problem is. I'm a firm believer in my models. They will have to resolve this, or they will pay a hefty cost in just return buys, might ought to suggest that to them.

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 07/09/15 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By: aeb
Did the software update. Placed both of the cameras back in service. Pulled cards today. No change. Still have the same problem with night pictures. Apparently Browning is aware of problems with "some" of the BT5-HD's but has not yet found the solution. Will pull the cameras and redo the update to make sure I got a good installation of the patch. Becoming frustrated!

Downloaded and unzipped the update again. Applied the update to both cameras and tested in my backyard. Now I know why my dogs sleep all day. They are up, running around the backyard all night. grin

Apparently, something corrupted my first download because I am getting very good night images now. Also have to brag on the day images. They were excellent from the beginning.
Browning CS was excellent to work with as also was Trailcampro. When advised of the problem, Trailcampro stood ready to take care of me if Browning was unable to solve my problem.

Placing my order with TC for three more.

Re: Browning Strike Force HD Camera - 07/10/15 12:22 AM

Good to hear, I tout the Browning and Trailcampro all the time and you had me skeered. roflmao

Never had to deal the TCP other than ordering, but the Strike force has been a great TC.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum