Texas Hunting Forum

Primos Truth Cam 35 variety question

Posted By: aeb

Primos Truth Cam 35 variety question - 05/24/15 07:52 PM

I recently placed an order for feeder station replacement cameras. I ordered several Primos Truth Cam 35 Ultras (PY63014) but I was shipped Truth Cam Ultimate Blackout CR (PY63037)models.

Opened one before I realized the error and put it into service. The one that I opened works fine during the day but seems to have almost no range for night shots. Primos makes so many similar cameras with subtle differences and I am not sure what I have. If the one that I opened is any indication, the "CR" model may be a real problem for a feeder camera.

Anyone have experience with this model? Maybe I just opened a bad one?
Posted By: Dropp-243

Re: Primos Truth Cam 35 variety question - 05/24/15 08:08 PM

I bought a truth cam 35 and from the very beginning the night pics were solid black. Took it back
Posted By: aeb

Re: Primos Truth Cam 35 variety question - 05/24/15 08:19 PM

I've had good luck with the Truth Cams but buying cameras is a crap shoot. Last year's version of a particular model may be the buy of the century and today's model may be junk! bang
Posted By: kry226

Re: Primos Truth Cam 35 variety question - 05/25/15 04:45 AM

I got two of the original Truth Cam 35s as refurbs from Natchez for $49 two years ago and each have been flawless.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Primos Truth Cam 35 variety question - 05/25/15 04:51 AM

I like the old style (the big box ones) and have a few of them still running. Two have been going for 4-5 years. Not a big fan of the new versions and have had bad luck with them. Only tried one blackout and I no longer run it. I will buy the old refurb ones before I buy the newer versions. My 2cents
Posted By: GLC

Re: Primos Truth Cam 35 variety question - 05/25/15 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
I like the old style (the big box ones) and have a few of them still running. Two have been going for 4-5 years. Not a big fan of the new versions and have had bad luck with them. Only tried one blackout and I no longer run it. I will buy the old refurb ones before I buy the newer versions. My 2cents

X2
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Primos Truth Cam 35 variety question - 05/25/15 04:55 PM

It's this way with the big box TC 35s, but daytime shots are 3mp, nighttime 1MP.....toss in a blackout screen and range will get killed if that's the same settings.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum