Texas Hunting Forum

EliteIron Revolution Bipod

Posted By: Mickey Moose

EliteIron Revolution Bipod - 03/25/15 02:53 AM

While researching bi-pods I came across the EliteIron Revolution Bipod which I have never heard of.

http://eliteiron.com/bipod/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi7rGFfqwdg

Overall I like the design but I don't see that the unit allows rotating (feet stay in place, butt of rifle moves left/right) like others and the method to mount is limited relative to others (though I believe the mount is very solid).

What are your thoughts? Compared to an Atlas or Harris or _____???

Prices start at $625. Ouch - my needs are quite a few dollars less!

Thanks - Mickey
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: EliteIron Revolution Bipod - 03/25/15 09:16 PM

Looks cool but 650?? I'll stick with my Cadwell that cost 35 bucks.
Posted By: Txkiller

Re: EliteIron Revolution Bipod - 03/26/15 12:36 AM

I'll pass, I paid a lot for the Atlas its a great bipod but it didn't fit my style of hunting so I'm back with the Harris/Larue LT706 QD combo. Experimenting gets expensive and $600+ is a tad to much for me.

Re: EliteIron Revolution Bipod - 03/26/15 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Txkiller
...Atlas... its a great bipod but it didn't fit my style of hunting...

What is it about the Atlas bipod and your hunting that the bipod doesn't work?

Thanks - Mickey

Re: EliteIron Revolution Bipod - 03/26/15 04:13 PM

Deploying the legs and the height adjustment I can do those a lot quicker with the harris.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: EliteIron Revolution Bipod - 03/27/15 02:11 AM

The Eliteiron looks like a neat concept, maybe a $200 neat concept, not $625. The guy in the video glanced over a problem that his bipod causes. He noted that once you have the legs set at the height you like, deployment/use is easy. Sure, but adjusting leg height to your particular circumstance is a common need. If you go prone and realize you need to adjust leg length to change height, this bipod will be out of reach for most shooters.

The 360 degree rotation is cool, but I am sure I don't have a need to hang my rifle from the bipod by paracord. I don't need a bipod to hang my rifle with paracord, LOL.

Recoil is straight back with the Eliteiron but not with other bipods? Bull.

It does look like a solid product, despite some of the far-fetched claims, but the price is scary ridiculous.
Posted By: tth_40

Re: EliteIron Revolution Bipod - 03/28/15 10:19 PM

I was going to watch until I got to the price.

No friggin' way. rolleyes
Posted By: 6.5x47Lapua

Re: EliteIron Revolution Bipod - 03/29/15 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Txkiller
Deploying the legs and the height adjustment I can do those a lot quicker with the harris.

Trying to load up the atlas and having the legs walk on you is a pain also. It's an unintended consequence of having a pan feature.

Having said that, I still use my atlas.

Re: EliteIron Revolution Bipod - 03/29/15 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: 6.5x47Lapua
Trying to load up the atlas and having the legs walk on you is a pain also. It's an unintended consequence of having a pan feature.

Panning can be locked, yes? In doing so wouldn't that eliminate the walking issue?

Please excuse my lack of understanding - I don't have a bipod and have never used one.

Thanks - Mickey

Re: EliteIron Revolution Bipod - 03/29/15 10:28 PM

They have a new model that eliminates the walking but it's $320

Re: EliteIron Revolution Bipod - 03/30/15 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Mickey Moose
Originally Posted By: 6.5x47Lapua

Panning can be locked, yes?

Not on mine. It seems a rather silly oversight, does it not?
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: EliteIron Revolution Bipod - 05/03/15 04:50 PM

The new atlas can be locked so it doesnt pan and the legs do not rotate or walk when you load it. I switched from a harris brm-s 6-9" and the Atlas is a major improvement to me. Rapid leg deployment isnt a feature I care a lot about as I am mostly running the Atlas on my long range 300WM but its not like it takes a long time to set up. It just isnt quite as fast as a harris.

Re: EliteIron Revolution Bipod - 05/03/15 08:26 PM

I just wish a wide leg low profile bipod was widely available. The old style trg bipod sure was nice.

Just not a big fan of either the Atlas or Harris.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum