Texas Hunting Forum

Trail Cameras

Posted By: dshafranek

Trail Cameras - 01/08/15 01:47 PM

I'm looking at buying new trail cameras this year. I've been using Wildgame Innovation cameras and I'm starting to have problems with them and they are just over 1y/o. I'm looking at switching to Covert, Cuddeback long range flash, or Bushnell. I've read the trail cam reviews on Covert & Bushnell but can't find any on the cuddeback cams. What do you guys think of these cameras? Have you had any problems with them and if so what were the problems?
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Trail Cameras - 01/08/15 02:51 PM

I have one, lower end model. Nothing fancy, but takes good pictures, is reliable and doesn't munch batteries.

Charlie
Posted By: Phlash

Re: Trail Cameras - 01/08/15 10:59 PM

We have tried several different cameras (Bushnell, Stealthcam, Moultrie, etc) and have settled on the Browning Recons. All of these cameras take good daytime and decent nightime pics, but the Brownings have by far the best dusk/dawn pics of all we have tried. The quality of the pics during these times during the day are important to us, but may not be to you. We are getting approximately 15,000 pics per set of lithium AA batteries. Periodically Natchez puts these on sale for $89 if you buy 2 or more. These cameras have lots of features for the $ without being ridiculously priced.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Trail Cameras - 01/08/15 11:22 PM

Based on the research I have done and polling folks on a couple of forums, the next one I buy will be a Browning Strike Force.
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Trail Cameras - 01/09/15 01:58 AM

Browning for sure.
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: Trail Cameras - 01/09/15 02:53 AM

Yes, I have been using WGI myself, and they will not be in use next year on my place. Glad you asked dshafranek. Will watch all post!!!
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Trail Cameras - 01/09/15 03:17 AM

I've got WGI, Bushnell, Cuddeback Capture, Cuddeback Long range IR and Primos. All have served very well for me.

I got the Cuddeback Long Range IR as a gift and it takes great pictures with great trigger speed. My favorite is the Capture just because of the color night photos.

Re: Trail Cameras - 01/09/15 03:28 AM

dlrz71, where do you get these? Do you have any problem with night pics showing in nothing but black pics, that is what I am getting with wgi.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Trail Cameras - 01/09/15 03:38 AM

I have 2 WGI micro 6's that have been very good with 2 full seasons on them and were never taken down. Only have one out right now as the sensor lens broke on one. Not bad for $80 cameras.

I have recently bought 2 WGI bladeX 6's from Academy on sale for $50 and they take really good pics.

I will tell you Cuddeback has the best trigger speed of the mid priced cameras that I have used.

Re: Trail Cameras - 01/09/15 03:45 AM

Yea dlrz71 I have three wgi, i have the nano one and that is the one that i'm having the most trouble with.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Trail Cameras - 01/13/15 02:33 AM

I've had 6 http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=BH119435CDEM running for a few years with no problem.
Posted By: Texmel

Re: Trail Cameras - 01/20/15 05:25 PM

Want an evaluation for Trail/Game Cameras check this web site out: http://www.chasingame.com/
Posted By: Revoman

Re: Trail Cameras - 01/22/15 10:54 PM

Also check out trailcam.com They give great reviews and have some good prices
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum