Texas Hunting Forum

Muck Boots - Woody Elite at Samsclub

Posted By: Dodge_Rock

Muck Boots - Woody Elite at Samsclub - 12/18/14 03:29 AM

Bought these at Sams in Sherman for $125(Amazon is $180-$225). Looking for something to keep feet dry & warm. Tag says comfortable -40 to 60 and waterproof. They sure feel good walking around in the store. Anyone have experience with these?

Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Muck Boots - Woody Elite at Samsclub - 12/18/14 04:09 PM

I have the Wetland model and like them a lot. Be careful walking in thick / woody stuff as it's possible to cut/puncture the neopreme (sp?). I like them a lot. Does make my calves sweat though.
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: Muck Boots - Woody Elite at Samsclub - 12/19/14 06:18 AM

Never worn Muck boots but a buddy of mine loves them so much he says he will never buy another pair of hunting boots.
Posted By: billybob

Re: Muck Boots - Woody Elite at Samsclub - 12/19/14 10:59 AM

I've got some Lacrosse muck boots...way too hot unless it's 30 or below. Plus they won't stand up to cactus or mesquite. I put spikes on mine and use them at home when everything ices up
Posted By: kry226

Re: Muck Boots - Woody Elite at Samsclub - 12/19/14 12:29 PM

I've got that same boot and I love them, and very cool you found them at Sam's.

I've had this pair about four years and they're still going strong. Very warm and very comfortable. They've out lasted the pair of Rocky's and LaCrosses I had. I walked the inside heel out of those right down to the rubber. No hint of that with the Mucks. The only thing I don't like about the Mucks is their sizing convention. No half sizes. I need a 9.5, so I wear thick socks and/or put in an extra insole to make them fit just right.
Posted By: Unc

Re: Muck Boots - Woody Elite at Samsclub - 12/25/14 03:57 AM

Thanks for the info. I bought a pair at store in Tyler. Walked 3 miles thus far. They are awesome.
Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: Muck Boots - Woody Elite at Samsclub - 01/01/15 05:23 PM

I have both Lacrosse Alpha Burley and Muck Boots. In VA I use my Lacrosse early in the season or when it is not really cold. I use the Muck boots with sock liners and good wool socks when it gets cold (say in the 30's). I love the light weight, comfort and warmth of the Muck Boots. Once it get's into the 20's which is not too frequently in VA I break out the heavy boots.

I think you will love the Muck Boots. I am a big fan.

P.S. They will NOT keep you warm if you are on stand and it's below zero.....that rating of -40 degrees is probably if you are walking around in them.
Posted By: Stratgolfer

Re: Muck Boots - Woody Elite at Samsclub - 01/01/15 05:25 PM

I grew up with these in Vermont. Everyone up there has them. that should be enough testimony. Coldest day I can remember was Christmas day when I was 14, it was -50 without wind chill.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum