Texas Hunting Forum

Cree LED

Posted By: lfrunich

Cree LED - 11/23/14 10:36 PM

Lost my flashlight a while ago. Attempted going out without a flashlight after that, but it didn't work too well.

I ran across this in looking for good flashlights for hunting, something that was sturdy, bright and would still blend in. It is the Cree LED flashlight. This is the exact model and company I plan on buying it from.

I always like to gather some background before ordering things off the internet. It looks like it would do the trick well and is not some annoying color. Have any of you tried it before? Thanks!
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Cree LED - 11/24/14 04:32 AM

If this is used for walking to/from stand when it's dark, I would advise against it. If it's for hunting at night then it will work. The reason I advise against it, is simply because you are going to haves lot of very bright white light that will strains the eyes. That light will be good for looking beyond 50 feet, anything up lose is going to make you squint. Every day I use a 260 lumen LED light, it's plenty for traffic stops/building searches/etc.
Posted By: Starett

Re: Cree LED - 11/24/14 04:30 PM

I got a light bar from them works great
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: Cree LED - 11/24/14 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: lfrunich
Lost my flashlight a while ago. Attempted going out without a flashlight after that, but it didn't work too well.

I ran across this in looking for good flashlights for hunting, something that was sturdy, bright and would still blend in. It is the Cree LED flashlight. This is the exact model and company I plan on buying it from.

I always like to gather some background before ordering things off the internet. It looks like it would do the trick well and is not some annoying color. Have any of you tried it before? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum, lfrunich, and you'll be happy with the light (it has a LO mode for when you need low).
(Tip - if you need extra batteries, take apart a bad laptop battery-pack;
you'll find 4 to 6 of the 18650 rech li-po's and usually only one or two will be bad in the lt-pack and all the others good!)
Posted By: Cobbler

Re: Cree LED - 11/24/14 08:43 PM

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006VPPERC/ref=...OY59J&psc=1

This has been great. Someone last year on the forum recommended this light and I bought 4 of them. Perfect for up close (walking to stand) etc. Not good for long distances. Runs on 1 AA battery.
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Cree LED - 12/08/14 01:15 AM

I have several Crees and have given some to friends. They're great lights and I like them better than my Surefire that doesn't work.
Posted By: DanPhifer

Re: Cree LED - 12/08/14 02:55 AM

I have some of the Ultrafire weapon mounted lights, they work great.
Posted By: DanPhifer

Re: Cree LED - 12/08/14 02:57 AM

As BigPig said above, this is a bright light. It will be a bit much for just walking to stand or up close light.
Posted By: RChipman11

Re: Cree LED - 12/09/14 03:09 AM

Have 2 of them and love them. 3 different intensities for light make them pretty versatile
Posted By: papa45

Re: Cree LED - 12/09/14 03:11 PM

"Cree" is a manufacturer/developer of LED lights. They are used in many different brands of lights. I have some that are rated from 53 to 1000 lumens. In my opinion 50 or 60 lumens is more than enough for "walking to the stand." Too much light isn't a good thing. That said, I have one similar to the light Cobbler mentioned above, that I use a lot. It's a great all-purpose light that can zoom out to 50 yards, but it's a little bright for close-up work.
Posted By: Stegar

Re: Cree LED - 12/11/14 08:58 PM

http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/30120

this has 3 power settings. best light I have ever bought.
Posted By: SlaminEm

Re: Cree LED - 12/14/14 10:20 PM

welcome
Posted By: FroggerZack

Re: Cree LED - 12/28/14 06:34 PM

Alright for a small carry light I used a Gunshack.com G2 for three years as a driver for a certain large delivery company with the brown trucks. This has to be the best made (durability) light I have carried in it's price range ($25). I have never had a light in this price range make it through a season in my profession. It is powered by either a cr123 or AA battery and last a very long time. At 130 lumen in bright mode I use it to light up house numbers on mailboxes and houses and it does a great job because of it's tight spot of light. I use the low mode often on trips to and from the vehicle. It has a small head the lends well to pocket carry although I do wish I could invert the clip to carry head down. I like them so much that I purchased 6 in the last couple years to give as gifts, have in other vehicles and to have at the back door when letting pets out at night.
http://www.gunshack.com/g2
Posted By: headhunter54

Re: Cree LED - 12/28/14 06:46 PM

Look at the paklight from Cross Tac, fits on a 9v battery.

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/n-ww20x/l6o6...223.330.jpg?c=2
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum