Texas Hunting Forum

I will never be Cold Again

Posted By: SniperRAB

I will never be Cold Again - 10/23/14 01:24 PM

roflmao

Man can not live by Snake Boots and Flask alone...Heard some really really great things on these new Columbia Boots...

Posted By: Bowhunt Only

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 10/23/14 02:34 PM

Are they a battery powered heating boot?

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 10/23/14 05:25 PM

Nah just had great reviews, and usually just wear my snake boots but gets a little chilly ...
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 10/23/14 06:07 PM

New cab on the Ranger. New boots. Man you sure must hate cold weather grin

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 10/23/14 09:14 PM

I'm getting old Amigo, cold bothered me for the first time last year roflmao
Posted By: ccoker

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 10/23/14 11:29 PM

happened to my dad when he got older..
probably mid 60s
I remember being shocked when he said he was cold the first time...

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 10/24/14 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: ccoker
happened to my dad when he got older..
probably mid 60s
I remember being shocked when he said he was cold the first time...

HEY Man...not that far along yet rofl Your getting in STX's wheelhouse clap
I am fine till my feet get Cold then its not fun anymore bolt
Posted By: staywarmguy

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 10/24/14 07:31 PM

Looks like a great pair of boots! Remember to soak your feet in powder before you put your socks on and you'll probably stay toasty warm on the stand.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 10/24/14 08:20 PM

What model of boot are those?
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 10/25/14 01:09 AM

I hate cold, always have, even as a youngster. I may have to try some boots like that.

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 10/25/14 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
What model of boot are those?

Columbia BugABoot Plus II Omni-Heat, very comfortable
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 10/25/14 02:07 AM

Good choice up

Love mine!!!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 10/28/14 04:28 AM

Get some polypropylene sock liners and wool socks and your feet will be in good shape. up
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 10/28/14 04:49 AM

Those look nice, I gotta check them out.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 11/09/14 06:10 AM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Get some polypropylene sock liners and wool socks and your feet will be in good shape. up

So poly socks first, then wool socks? Then boots . This is the correct formula for dry warm feet?
Posted By: Murphscout

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 11/11/14 05:02 AM

I bought the thermacell heated insoles. My buddies laughed at me. Now they all have them.......
Posted By: MikeC

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 11/11/14 04:57 PM

Where did you get them?
Posted By: WhiskeyRedDog

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 11/18/14 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Bullfrog
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

So poly socks first, then wool socks? Then boots . This is the correct formula for dry warm feet?

That's correct. up
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 11/24/14 07:59 PM

THICK wool socks (that are made for skiing) and you'll never need anything else.
I'm talking 1/2 in thick - not the 1/4 in stuff they sell at hunting stores.
Problem is you can't buy them just anywhere; I got mine from ski-shop up north.
Keep your toes toasty warm even if feet get soaking wet (which is what happens when I ski)!

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 11/25/14 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By: MikeC
Where did you get them?

Sorry Mike haven't been on this section in a tad Amigo...I went to Columbia online Sir, couldn't have been happier after this last cold snap. I agree with the sock info, but wanted a good pair for the colder sits and these are nice..comfy also.

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 11/26/14 02:59 AM

Thanks, I see that Dicks Sporting Goods carries them. I may go down and check them out. I have a wide foot and I don't see an option for a 4 EE width on the Columbia site.

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 11/26/14 04:12 AM

Thanks, I see that Dicks Sporting Goods carries them. I may go down and check them out. I have a wide foot and I don't see an option for a 4 EE width on the Columbia site.

Theres a Dicks by my office in NRH Sir and I will run over tomorrow, check for ya and shoot a response also

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 11/26/14 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB

Theres a Dicks by my office in NRH Sir and I will run over tomorrow, check for ya and shoot a response also

Mighty nice of you sir!

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 11/26/14 07:54 PM

Mighty nice of you sir!

Amigo I walked that store over and it may be a online deal only but I have been known to miss stuff...This was all I found Sir...Never could find them

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 11/27/14 12:57 AM

Well sir I appreciate your looking for them. I'll send Columbia an email.
Posted By: cmc

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 11/30/14 10:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Murphscout
I bought the thermacell heated insoles. My buddies laughed at me. Now they all have them.......

I've been debating these for awhile please tell me more. I like the idea of being able to turn them off so I can walk without getting hot or sit to glass for three hours and not get cold. I'm a cold weather fan, I can take the snow and ice pretty good the problem is getting the feet warm while sitting is way too much to go walk a couple miles.
Posted By: JDMore

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 12/23/14 02:56 AM

roflmao

Man can not live by Snake Boots and Flask alone...Heard some really really great things on these new Columbia Boots...

How do you like them so far? I am looking for a good pair of boots, that are also not a beating on long walks. The boots I have now (Game Winners from Academy) keep my feet warm but are heavy as all get out.

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 12/26/14 10:01 PM

Absolutely thrilled with them, have a Exotic Hunt next week out in the elements and the weather looks rough and glad I will have them up
Posted By: JDMore

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 12/30/14 03:53 AM

Absolutely thrilled with them, have a Exotic Hunt next week out in the elements and the weather looks rough and glad I will have them up

Good to know. I havent pulled the trigger on a pair yet but these are at the top of my list.
Posted By: cmc

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 01/04/15 02:02 PM

Had to follow my wife around some mall the other day and there was a Columbia store there so I thought well my friend Scooter bought some boots from these folks so I'm gonna check it out. They had these exact boots on sale with some coupon she had or something, I don't know I didn't pay attention but I could've gotten these for $40 but they didnt have grown men sizes they only went to 10s. I was disappointed.

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 01/04/15 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: cmc
Had to follow my wife around some mall the other day and there was a Columbia store there so I thought well my friend Scooter bought some boots from these folks so I'm gonna check it out. They had these exact boots on sale with some coupon she had or something, I don't know I didn't pay attention but I could've gotten these for $40 but they didnt have grown men sizes they only went to 10s. I was disappointed.

See if you can check them out online, you will NOT be disappointed Amigo..Sat in a Pop Up, Box and a Tree all week on that Bow Hunt and my feet stayed toasty every sit even with the wind chills into the teens.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 01/04/15 06:44 PM

Think scooters are the 600 or 800 insulated version
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: I will never be Cold Again - 01/06/15 05:35 PM

roflmao

Last year was bad for me! This year has not been horrible, but I might need to invest in some winter boots!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum