Texas Hunting Forum

Anybody Use Our Light Yet?

Posted By: NITEHUNT

Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/14/13 01:29 AM

Just wondering if anybody here has tried the NITEHUNT Light system? Got some great feedback from some serious Predator and Hog Hunters!!
Wondering if anyone here has....Looks similar to some available lights out there, but we have made some changes that set us apart!!
Different LED's, brighter and last longer...
BOTH Red AND Green with the purchase....
100% and 50% light levels ONLY...Not all this 30, 50, 100, sos, strobe stuff.

Great customer service..Great warranty...
Check us out if you haven't
www.chelseaoutdoor.com

LIKE us here too...
www.facebook.com/chelseaoutdoornitehuntlights

Thanks!!
Posted By: Bob in TX

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/14/13 12:54 PM

The VLR-1 by Selph Arms and Varmint Lights also comes with both red and green LED's and more mounts for the same price. I wouldn't post in a thread like this, but you are misrepresenting your product on your web-site. Also, Elusive Wildlife has been using the term "XLR" for their lights for several years now. You may want to get your own name.
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/14/13 02:10 PM

I used Elusive Wildlife myself and am 100% satisfied with the product. In my opinion calling your light an XLR is about as low class as you can get. Like Bob said, don't pretend your something your not get your own light model name.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/14/13 10:34 PM

Looks like this calls for a "go away, yankee".

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/16/13 02:06 AM

WOW you guys are sad.... The only reason XLR was even used by anyone was the type of LED that was used in the Light. Pretty sad how ones "think" something and just run with it.....
XLR is the type of LED. PERIOD.
NITEHUNT is the name....
Low class is someone speaking about something and not knowing. Definition - ignorant

Mr. Connell - can you please tell me how it's being misrepresented?? Thanks for your input.
Posted By: tth_40

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/16/13 02:10 AM

popcorn

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/16/13 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: tth_40
popcorn
Posted By: donswin

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/16/13 02:57 AM

Oh geez. This is the second distributor of wildlife products I've seen challenge posts regarding their products.

Good salesmanship would consider everyone a prospective customer and try to win them over with facts and information in a positive manner.

You do yourself no good by making negative statements to hunters (who rely a lot on each others opinions).

We may occasionally be wrong, but we are always the (prospective) customer.

There are lots of good lights out there & probably enough hunters using them to keep most of you in business. If you don't run them off first.

Just my humble opinion. I do wish all of you well. I'm a gadget freak & have more hunting paraphernalia than I can use.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/16/13 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By: donswin
Oh geez. This is the second distributor of wildlife products I've seen challenge posts regarding their products.

Good salesmanship would consider everyone a prospective customer and try to win them over with facts and information in a positive manner.

You do yourself no good by making negative statements to hunters (who rely a lot on each others opinions).

We may occasionally be wrong, but we are always the (prospective) customer.

There are lots of good lights out there & probably enough hunters using them to keep most of you in business. If you don't run them off first.

Just my humble opinion. I do wish all of you well. I'm a gadget freak & have more hunting paraphernalia than I can use.

Well done.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/16/13 04:03 AM

Originally Posted By: NITEHUNT
WOW you guys are sad.... The only reason XLR was even used by anyone was the type of LED that was used in the Light. Pretty sad how ones "think" something and just run with it.....
XLR is the type of LED. PERIOD.
NITEHUNT is the name....
Low class is someone speaking about something and not knowing. Definition - ignorant

Mr. Connell - can you please tell me how it's being misrepresented?? Thanks for your input.

I am thinking this whole scenario played out differently in his head before his OP. confused2
Posted By: tth_40

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/16/13 06:15 AM

Yup.

Aaannd, I'm out.

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/16/13 01:40 PM

Quote:

OK Mr. Moore-Here you go.

Quote:
Yes that's 2 Bulbs with the system!! Others only give you 1 color and you have to buy the other for $40-$60. NOT HERE!!

Varmint Lights offers both the red and green LED's in their kit for less money than you do with more and better mounts! ($142.00 vs $149.99)

Quote:
NITEHUNT™ XLR System

As to my comments about your name, my original statement stands. Get your own product name!

Bob The Sad and Ignorant

Just noticed a typo in my first post, the Varmint Lights model is the VRL-1. Don't want to be accused of misrepresenting anything.
Posted By: toolman

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/16/13 03:47 PM

Most of us realize by now that the majority of these lights are all coming from the same factory in China, with a few differences to make them stand apart from the rest. Their lights look just like my E.W. XLR-250, which looks just like my buddy's no-name light.
The question is, as he originally posted, has anyone used one yet?
I'm happy enough with mine that I'm not spending another $150 on another light.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/16/13 03:51 PM

Quote:
As to my comments about your name, my original statement stands. Get your own product name!

Yeah, because a bunch of other companies already use XLR, LOL!

http://www.jcwhitney.com/flashlights/cadillac-xlr/c2966d17523j1s21.jcwx
http://www.amazonsupply.com/bayco-xlr-9850b1-intrinsically-rechargeable-flashlight/dp/B00113NUCA
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Littlite-X-LED-XLR-Gooseneck-Light-102795366-i1445418.gc

Maybe you need a good XLR hydrophone?
http://www.aquarianaudio.com/h2a-xlr-hydrophone.html

Cables and connections?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/American-Rec...272-i1129378.gc
http://www.svideo.com/xlr1.html

XLR250 (where have I heard that number before) motorcycle
http://encarsglobe.com/gallery/honda-xlr-250.html

Sorry, but "XLR" isn't unique or new or first used by Elusive Wildlife and certainly not TM'd by them. They have no ownership on the letters. It wasn't theirs to begin with.

When you check our their website, you will see that what they have TM'd is names like "Kill Light." XLR is not TM'd and thus is NOT their name to own.

http://elusivewildlife.com/index.php?section=1
Quote:
We are the manufacturer of The Kill Light™ Feeder Lights, The Kill Light™ XLR100, Kill Light™ XLR250, Kill Light Shot Spot-R™, The Kill Sight™, The Adjustable Beam Kill Light Blood Track-R™, illumitacks™ brand products as well as many other exciting new products being used in multiple applications such as game recovery, personal safety to law enforcement and military applications.

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/16/13 04:08 PM

donswin - you are absolutely correct, it's the one's above that are throwing incorrect information and saying "go away yankee" that probably got me a little under the collar. Specially having grown up in North Carolina, even having Dale Earnhardt help me carry out trash at the Speedway as a young one helping my dad with his maintenance job there. Current location of home or where you are from does not make you the man you are today. Just stupid comments by simpleton get ya wondering about people. I did stoop lower than I normally do, for that I apologize.

I had never even heard of VRL-1....Yes there are ones(others, as is said on my website) offering the second bulbs at the rates mentioned above by me. I did not say ALL OTHERS. The type of LED's I offer in my system is what set's me apart. Period. Whether these other companies begin to get that type sooner or later is yet to be seen.
Side by side the beam thrown is different. Period.

NAME ISSUE:
The name XLR is the type of LED. 250 was the lumen rating from the chinese company that has had the light for sale FOR YEARS. That is not trademarked nor can it be. It's a type of LED that is readily available and has been and is still being sold in many of the hunting lights being put out by the companies you guys are loyally defending. I salute that. The XLR 250 was available from China LONG LONG ago. It's the XLR bulb at a 250 (claimed)lumen rating.

I too used the XLR bulb in my original design.
Was marketing it, Selling it, printing things out, laser engraving, etc. etc.
I then found a better bulb, have been using that for awhile and that's what made me want to let others know about it. Side by side the difference is OBVIOUS. A couple other tweaks to the functionality and I brought it to market. PERIOD. No copying, no infringement, nothing inappropriate. If these other companies don't have my bulb already, they will REAL soon. Because it throws farther. Uses less battery. It's that simple

Comments and opinions are close to the same. Everybody has got one and loves to throw them around. They can still stand or fall off a cliff for all anyone else cares.

The old guys that like to sit around and bash someone elses items without even having proper knowledge or input pretty much goes along with alot of society today. If it's not helping them or being given to them or thought of first by them, then it's bad and no good and the enemy.
Different mentality from the way I was raised. Just surprising to see from ones that are supposed to be examples. Or put there faces out there to be seen, almost like campaigning for recognition. Then to put others down without full knowledge of everything is surprising and frankly, disheartening...

Anyways we are all grown men. Good to act like it and before making statements from behind a computer that are wrong. Make a phone call, inquire, or do some research and make accurate statements.
But hey it's the internet.....whatever...

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/16/13 04:34 PM

Everything I said was accurate. You are the one who claimed that you included two different colored LED's and that your competitors did not. Who hasn't done their research?

This is my last post on this. There has been enough said. I still think that your using XLR as part of the name of your light is bad form IMHO. EWT has used that as their Model's names for several years now. You could have been more creative. Certainly their is no trademark infringement or legal issue, just questionable judgement.

I know a lot about the EWT XLR-250, Varmint Lights VRL-1, and Wicked Lights 400. I own and have used all three in the field. I have done a lot of comparison on these and other lights on the market. I am very familiar with the various generations and improvements in the LED's too. You may be surprised to learn that some of your competitors are using the newest generation too.

I was not and have not "bashed" your product. They look to be very good. The only problem I had was how you presented them relative to your competitors.

I have also not resorted to personal "bashing" and insults.
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/16/13 05:23 PM

I agree with Bob.

As many on here will affirm, I am a Buy Texas First guy. There are some states I will not spend my money at all in, even if it means passing up on crazy good deals.

My first reaction, was EWT is a Texas company they call their light an XLR and now here is this guy from Indiana calling his light an XLR and poaching business off a great Texas company. I don't find a lot of class in that. IMHO if your going to sell in Texas and you know your competitor there sells the same product, don't use the same name. There are those, like me, who are Texans that believe in our State over anyone elses who may take offense. Then there are those that are going to buy it, thinking they are getting one thing, when in reality they are not getting exactly what they thought they were.

I just can't apologize for what I have said though, I firmly believe if you come on the "Texas" Hunting forum advertising a product similar too and with the same name as a "Texas" company, then as the old Pace commercial says "Get a Rope!"
Posted By: billybob

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/17/13 04:06 PM

First off....you're trying to sell something in the Hunting Gear subforum and with only 34 posts. The section is not the classifieds and you do not have the 100 post required to list in the classifieds. Feel free to give a review of your product but don't use a backdoor to sell it.
Posted By: toolman

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/17/13 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: billybob
First off....you're trying to sell something in the Hunting Gear subforum and with only 34 posts. The section is not the classifieds and you do not have the 100 post required to list in the classifieds. Feel free to give a review of your product but don't use a backdoor to sell it.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but the guy just asked if anyone here had tried his lights, then it turned into a pixxing match. He didn't try to sell anything, he just asked a question.
Posted By: RICK O'SHAY

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/17/13 05:20 PM

OK, I'll answer the OP

NO

Maybe you could send me one for a field test and I'll write a review...

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/17/13 05:21 PM

Sure he did...look at all the links to his storefront...bet if you clicked on a link you'll find pricing and terms.....that's selling. He's trying to evade the rules.
Posted By: Dragonuv

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/17/13 05:35 PM

In the interest of fairness, he does have a paid membership, which it is my understanding, allows him to sell without having the 100 post minimum; however, I could be mistaken.
As far as the XLR business, I'll let y'all hash that stuff out.

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/17/13 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Dragonuv
In the interest of fairness, he does have a paid membership, which it is my understanding, allows him to sell without having the 100 post minimum; however, I could be mistaken.

You're right I missed that....I apologize NITEHUNT flehan
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/17/13 06:09 PM

Cost only $50 to buy one 'without any fancy letters' .....

http://dx.com/p/brinyte-900d-cree-xp-e-r5-260-300lm-1-mode-red-hunting-flashlight-black-175983

Posted By: COWDOG

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/17/13 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: oldoak2000

found them cheaper here

http://www.lightmalls.com/uniquefire-hs-802-cree-green-light-long-range-led-flashlight-1-18650

No mounts but elusive wildife mounts are not theat great anyway.

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/17/13 07:46 PM

Yep one of those links are to lights that have the same body as ours. One is to a Wicked Light Body.

Those are NOT the LED's that are in the NITEHUNT, nor the circuit.

Billybob, not breaking any rules, thanks for trying though....

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/17/13 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: NITEHUNT
Billybob, not breaking any rules, thanks for trying though....

I've already apologized....that's all you get from me.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/17/13 11:13 PM

Man you guys are sure quick to pile on. I feel I should remind y'all that Texas is from the Indian 'tejas'. Did we forget what we are?
Posted By: Butter

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/18/13 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
Man you guys are sure quick to pile on. I feel I should remind y'all that Texas is from the Indian 'tejas'. Did we forget what we are?

^ This.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/18/13 05:14 PM

Welcome aboard and I hope you stick around. Not all of us are rude. I haven't used your product so I can't comment.

Good luck with your business. Customer service is what makes me a repeat customer along with quality and price.
Posted By: Sean Boburk

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/21/13 03:00 AM

Well...I have not tried your light. I have an HS-802 (actually 2). I have a buddy that has an XLR250, and others that have the HS-802 like me. They said the XLR250 is a better light than the HS-802 (side by side comparison).

As a side note, what the HS-802 and XLR250 are missing is the ability to focus the lights beam in and out like a Maglite. In short, the HS-802 has a halo that you have to use to find critters some times, because the main beam is very tight...at least for those of us that hunt at feeders under 100 yards away. My point is, that if you want to bring something new to the night hunting market, then how about a light with an adjustable beam?

If the light takes an 18650 cell (yeah...I didn't read linked site), shoot me a PM, sell me just the light (don't want to pay $150 for a bunch of stuff I don't need), and I will do a side by side comparison with the XLR250 and HS-802. I have both red and green bulbs for my HS-802, but pretty sure the guy with the XLR250 has a green bulb. So green would work best for a side by side comparison (though my personal belief is that red is better for hogs).

Sean
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 04/21/13 07:50 PM

Adjustable flood and a dimmer would be the bomb
Posted By: crumrw

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 05/02/13 04:53 AM

This forum is for hunting gear discussion. Yes, he is the vendor but it seems to me he is trying to get some insight on his product in real world applications by his customer base...all while staying within the forum rules. How else do you judge the success or failure of a product, not only as a vendor but also as a consumer. If I was curious about how a product performed I would ask a similar question. Additionally on the other hand, what better way to get your voice heard concerning products we all use in the field then speaking directly with a company rep? All that being said, I think the links are an advertising slip, and are a little distasteful. The pic and link in your signature is enough, and if conversation generated interest, your link is easy enough to find with out salting your post with advertising links. Not a biggie, just an observation that probably stemmed some of the immediate backlash. I have to say that I'm surprised at how people draw conclusions and create accusations from a couple sentences in a single post...in a thread that he started, it's not like he highjacked someone else's thread to push his product.

Brother in-law, your response is the only one that gives any good feedback, both to the vendor and the consumer.
Posted By: mikefinchmp

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 05/06/13 05:06 PM

If you are looking for a good light try river ranch hog lights. They are out of Houston, TX
Posted By: passthru

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 05/06/13 07:34 PM

I worked with an ole boy who harassed, ridiculed and belittled any yankee on the job. His definition was anyone from north of the Red River is a dang yankee. But I dunno about your lights. I know I own two Mini-Sniper Hawg lights and haven't looked back.

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 05/06/13 08:46 PM

I looked at NITEHUNT's ligts at the Expo and me Brandon. He has a quality product.
Posted By: Meat man

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 05/09/13 02:33 AM

Send me one and I'll field test it for you

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 05/16/13 03:01 AM

http://shwat.com/ArticleIndex/tabid/85/E...ting-Light.aspx

This is what SHWAT had to say about it......

Thanks for the constructive communications to those that had such...

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 05/16/13 02:23 PM

Well done review!
Posted By: Dragonuv

Re: Anybody Use Our Light Yet? - 05/16/13 02:43 PM

Personally, I use a long range laser illuminator, but I am glad that there is another quality light on the market for people to choose from. 300yds is pretty impressive compared to what's on the market. Nice article. Best of luck to you.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum