Posted By: Quailhunter

Re: Nikon Monarch ATB binos??? - 06/29/11 06:46 PM

I love mine. Great glass for the money.

Posted By: Jay9371

Re: Nikon Monarch ATB binos??? - 06/29/11 08:16 PM

Happy with mine.

Posted By: o2bwest

Re: Nikon Monarch ATB binos??? - 06/29/11 08:56 PM

Well, I decided to go with the Monarch X in 8.5x45 after reading some reviews and looking through both. A little more money but better low light performance and sharpness.

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Nikon Monarch ATB binos??? - 07/01/11 01:55 AM

Check out the clearance vortex at cameraland

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Nikon Monarch ATB binos??? - 07/01/11 12:58 PM

I have a pair of Monarch ATB 10x42 for 3 yrs and they were sharp and clear at first. They did not hold up with daily usage from March till August. My go to pair are Leicas for the rest of the year and I have had them for 4 yrs now. The lenses scratch very easily on the Monarchs. They clouded and got foggy after less than 2 yrs. They do have a 25 year warranty and were replaced for free. For me I would not buy less than 10x to glass with. I am either sitting in a deer stand, in a vehicle or carrying shooting sticks so I always have something to rest them on. To just scan to find a deer they work tremendously well free hand. The detail at 200 yds and over is far more superior than 8x. If you can you need to view thru 8x and 10x side by side to see the difference. One thing I am can not tell you is if eye fatigue will be worse on the Monarchs as I use my Leicas at that time of the year and never have a problem with my eyes at the end of the day. By the best glass you can afford and the better glass will outlast the cheaper stuff for many many years.

Posted By: Lone Ranger

Re: Nikon Monarch ATB binos??? - 07/01/11 09:23 PM

I have had Nikon Monarch ATB 10x42 for at least 5 yrs and am completely happy with them. Very clear and sharp. I have been looking for a reason to pay more for some new binocs, but can't find a reason. I am very happy with my Monarchs.

Posted By: jhptxrancher

Re: Nikon Monarch ATB binos??? - 07/20/11 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Lone Ranger
I have had Nikon Monarch ATB 10x42 for at least 5 yrs and am completely happy with them. Very clear and sharp. I have been looking for a reason to pay more for some new binocs, but can't find a reason. I am very happy with my Monarchs.

x2 Had mine for almost 10 years with no problems.

Posted By: Skylar Mac

Re: Nikon Monarch ATB binos??? - 07/20/11 09:01 PM

You know that the Vortex Talon HD are going have a more vivid picture for low light and I perfer the ergonomics over the monarchs. Fits nicer in the hand and more compact.

Posted By: Texpppr

Re: Nikon Monarch ATB binos??? - 07/21/11 10:48 AM

Lots of good binocular options in that $300 price range. Yes Cameraland sometimes has some great deals.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum