Texas Hunting Forum

Attention Dallas reloading

Posted By: Midwaytmm

Attention Dallas reloading - 07/13/18 12:40 PM

If I brought you some crappy steel case ammo , would it be possible for you to duplicate performance with decent handload ? First couple shots at pigs are high percentage, running wide open in every direction not as much . Could you load something that could be used for first couple shots, that could be followed up by the steel case junk , and still have roughly same poi? I hope what I’m asking makes sense . Thanks
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Attention Dallas reloading - 07/13/18 12:45 PM

Are you firing that many rounds at running pigs that the economic cost of a hunting bullet is prohibitive?
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Attention Dallas reloading - 07/13/18 02:37 PM

Ok, I think I understand the question. I need to know what bullet you are running in the steel cased ammo. I'm assuming 308 Win, or 7.62x51 ammo? Maybe 223/5.56?

Re: Attention Dallas reloading - 07/13/18 07:18 PM

308 165 soft point . Could get some to you if needed.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Attention Dallas reloading - 07/13/18 07:29 PM

Yes, I have a few thousand of these loaded up now. 165 grain Sierra Game King soft point boat tail bullet. It should be very close.

https://dallasreloads.com/product/165-grain-sierra-game-king-2/

Re: Attention Dallas reloading - 07/13/18 09:40 PM

To answer the earlier question about shooting enough to be cost prohibitive. Yes. I order the steel case crap 2k rounds at a time . It’s $0.40/rnd. You get what you pay for, it sucks. But it goes bang. Lots of shots are low percentage, running away ect. They still die, just never find them . Figure if better ammo for first couple, even if they’re just center mass, we’ll still recover more. Which keep the buzzards out more, which keeps them away from calves ect.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum