Texas Hunting Forum

Midway Bullets??

Posted By: DLALLDER

Midway Bullets?? - 06/11/18 12:58 PM

I purchased some bullets from Midway, labeled as 224, 62 gr, BT, SP. I cannot find a manufacture that makes such a bullet. Anyone got an idea as to who makes them? I weighed 6-8 of them and they showed 62.1 on my scales. They look good but have not loaded any but plan on doing so today. Anyone got a good formula using BenchMark? Think I will start with book values on the 63 gr. in Lyman book. These are Midway's repackaged bullets in the neat blue boxes. Thanks Daniel
Posted By: rjd

Re: Midway Bullets?? - 06/11/18 09:40 PM

I believe Speer made some in that configuration under the Gold dot label. They were marketed as Federal fusion by some folks.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Midway Bullets?? - 06/12/18 03:24 PM

Midway packages a lot of the Speer and Hornady bullets. I've seen some Sierra, but not many. It's most likely a discontinued bullet sold to Midway. Enjoy them, and shoot the snot out of them!
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Midway Bullets?? - 06/12/18 08:03 PM

Just got back from the range doing that very thing. They seem to shoot good in the wife's Tikka and my Savage. Gonna do a little tweaking and will have 2 more loads worked up. Bullets seem to like BenchMark, not sure on the load yet.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum