Texas Hunting Forum

Haz Mat Fees

Posted By: DLALLDER

Haz Mat Fees - 06/08/18 12:26 PM

Recently, I have seen a lot of differences in Haz mat Fees, $10 to $45. Who/what mandates these fees and actually receives the $$$? What is the true HMF or is it variable, if so what determines that? I had a retailer tell me yesterday that the reason he did not have any primers was the $45 HMF, so he waited till he needed a very large quantity. I came home and checked two online retailers and found one was $9.95 and the other was $19.95. What Gives????
Posted By: ckat

Re: Haz Mat Fees - 06/08/18 02:25 PM

I've noticed the same thing... In for a knowledgeable response.
Posted By: pertnear

Re: Haz Mat Fees - 06/08/18 02:28 PM

confused2 popcorn
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Haz Mat Fees - 06/08/18 02:30 PM

I've always thought it was the carrier that charged it. UPS and FedEx.
Posted By: 5 Stand Dan

Re: Haz Mat Fees - 06/12/18 04:49 AM

The carrier sets the price, and the seller pays . For example FedEx $32

When you see a lower price, the seller is picking up some of the cost as an incentive to buy from them.

Please remember, I don't charge shipping, HazMat, or sales tax.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Haz Mat Fees - 06/12/18 02:36 PM

That’s the published walk up rate. When they sign contracts to ship through fed ex they lower those rates.

But yes companies are offering deals to move product because supplies aren’t selling themselves anymore
Posted By: ckat

Re: Haz Mat Fees - 06/13/18 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: 5 Stand Dan
...Please remember, I don't charge shipping, HazMat, or sales tax.

Really?!?! Where did miss that??? You get first shot at my next powder purchase...
Posted By: TackDriver

Re: Haz Mat Fees - 06/13/18 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: 5 Stand Dan
The carrier sets the price, and the seller pays . For example FedEx $32

When you see a lower price, the seller is picking up some of the cost as an incentive to buy from them.

Please remember, I don't charge shipping, HazMat, or sales tax.

Name of your company?
Posted By: 5 Stand Dan

Re: Haz Mat Fees - 06/18/18 11:30 PM

Not really a company, I manage powder buys.
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Haz Mat Fees - 06/20/18 03:51 PM

Dan, I do not know how your operation works, but I would suggest being careful about advertising no tax on sales within Texas.

I have a friend who ended up owing the state a fair amount of money when they decided to rule his "brokering" as "resale" activity because the other buyers were funneling the payments through him. It did not matter that he wasn't making a profit on the transactions. They wanted sales tax on each shipment.

Marc
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum